Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Art, good on you for finding a workaround! I have logged on as a local user and can confirm that PowerDirector does work when trying to save a title template. It's not ideal for me, but it's good to know that something works.

My set up is similar to yours in that I am running a Windows Domain and have my "My Documents" folder redirected to a server share. I also have Offline Files enabled.

I've been using that set up for about 10 years and have never encountered any problems with software and redirected "My Documents" folders. This type of issue with PowerDirector is the first time I've ever seen something like that.

I will provide a little more info here because earlier I had logged a support ticket with Cyberlink and will direct them to this thread so that they can fix the bug.

----------------------------------

So last night when I was trying to figure out why PowerDirector was broken I ran SysInternals Process Monitor. I set it up to filter to just "PDR10.exe" and exclude "SUCCESS" results.

While trying to save a title template, I could see failures trying to access the MyTitles folder (see Step 1.gif). I had a look in my "My Documents" folder, and while there was a CyberLink folder, there was no PowerDirector folder. The CyberLink folder existed from a previous installation of PowerDVD from years ago.

So I created the PowerDirector\10.0\MyTitles sub folders and then retried creating a title template. This time I got different failures showing up in Process Monitor (see Step 2.gif). You will be able to see references to c:\Windows\CSC. That's related to Offline Files. It was at that point that it dawned on me that redirected "My Documents" and Offline Files is probably the cause, hence my question to Art about the location of his "My Documents" folder.

--------------------------------

Fixes

I think CyberLink should fix the issue with PowerDirector not working properly with redirected "My Documents" and Offline Files. All other software I've used works fine with it. So too, should PowerDirector.

PowerDirector should be able to have the locations for title templates and other "saveable" objects configurable. This feature already exists for changing import/export locations.

John
Art

Where is your My Documents folder located? Is it at the default location of c:\users\<logonname>?

Mine isn't, and I suspect that might have something to do with it judging by what I could see in ProcessMon when trying to save a new title template.

John
Ok, I tried disabling AVG as described here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsDZMy2Mq_M. No luck however, I still get an error when saving a new title template.
I am experiencing this exact problem. So was another user back in September (http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/4603970.page).

I am using PowerDirector 10 Trial 10.0.0.1129a. I installed it 3 days ago. I'm considering buying PowerDirector, but with a bug like this and no current solution, I will be holding onto my money for now.

My system is:
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
GeForce GTS 450
8GB RAM
Phenom II X4 925 2.8 Ghz

Interestingly, like Art I'm also running AVG Anti-Virus 2012, but it is the Free Edition. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Go to: