Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Kel,

Try upgrading to PD8 (free upgrade at Cyperlink). Also, clean your temp files on HDD (I use Nortons 360 and CCleaner software-- I believe CCleaner is a free download). Defragment your HDD too. Make sure your drivers are updated (go to Windows Update). If all else fails, go to Cyperlink and start a support ticket (long process but maybe they can help you). Good Luck! Mark
Dafydd,

After I realized I could re-boot my computer and everything seemed to work "fine" (if I burn project before any error messages occurred), I re-booted and attempted to burn my project to the HDD folder. The first time, I got to 96% and the it wouldn't complete the processing. However, when I looked in "My Video" file, I had video files this time! So, I re-booted again, and on the second attempt, my project burned correctly! I then used Power2Go to burn the folders to a DVD. Everything worked fine and I now have the video on DVDs and it looks great!!

Although I found this "work-around" to get my video to DVD, it still bothers me I can't burn directly to a DVD. I will try what you suggested (clean temp files and defrag HDD). I have Nortons 360 and it is on a weekly schedule to clean folders and defrag (amoung other things). So, I don't know if this will help. There is another program called "CCleaner" that I downloaded a while back. I will try that too. I will report back if that solves the problem. If not, I will continue the SLOW process of working with CyperLink Tech Support and let you know if I ever resolve the problem.

Thanks a million for helping me!!

Mark Wallace
Dafydd,

OK-- using the same "old project" (4405 of 4700mb). I removed the end to the project and tried to burn to DVD-- I did this several times, continuing to remove pictures and videos from my project, until I only had several pictures left (i.e. about 150mb of 4700mb). Each time, I would get the same error message- "Burning Unsucessfull (1) THe DVD Video Folder doesn't conform to DVD Video Spec's Requirement."

I then rebooted, opened the same 4405mb of 4700mb project, removed most of it in "EDIT"-- down to 505mb of 4700mb. Using the same blank DVD, it burned fine. So, it appears after I get the "Burning Unsucessful" error message, it doesn't matter what I try to burn from the same project (even removing most of the pictures/videos), I will get this error message. But, when I close the PD, reboot, and BEFORE getting the "burn unsucessful" error message, I can remove a bunch of my project and it will burn sucessfully. I thought perhaps this would give you a clue to what may be causing my problem???

Thanks for taking the time to review!!
Mark

Hello Dafydd,

Just for kicks, I opened one of my old projects (4405 mb of 4700) and it burned fine to the HD. No problems. THen, I tried to burn to a DVD (which I previously did- several times about a year ago). Didn't work-- I get the same error message: "Burning Unsucessfull (1) THe DVD Video Folder doesn't conform to DVD Video Spec's Requirement."

So, I don't think my projects have "something" in them that PD doesn't like as I burned this same project multiple times last year...

Let me know if you have any more ideas. Your help is greatly appreciated!! [I attempted to get tech support with CyperLink but so far they have sent 3 responses-- mostly having me verify the drivers were updated and requested my dxdiag file. Haven't heard from them since!!]

Mark

Howdy again,

I created a new project and inserted the sample video 3x. Then, burned to HD and burned to DVD. Both worked fine. Then, I pulled up the project I've been working on (3800 mb of 4700 mb disc space) and tried to create to HD. PD indicates "burned sucessful", however the My Video folder was had a file with zero (0) bytes. No video. Then, I went to EDIT and removed some of the project (down to 1505mb of 4700mb). Burned fine to HD but wouldn't burn to DVD. I removed more of the project (down to 1500 of 4700 mb) and tried to burn to the DVD- Still gave error message- "Burning Unsucessfull (1) THe DVD Video Folder doesn't conform to DVD Video Spec's Requirement." I again removed more the project- down to 500 mb of 4700 mb- Same error message. So, I opened a new project (again) copied three of the sample videos to the new project and burned to the same DVD and it worked fine. So, why the heck can I burn a sample video to a DVD but not my project???

Mark Wallace
Dafydd,
I tried to write the video to my harddrive (using the methods you described), I get a message indicating, "burning sucessful", however, when I go to the folder "TS Video" (or something like that) and the file is empty (0 bytes).

Mark

Carl, Thank you for your response. I have already tried that. I uninstalled PD 8 then went to Restore Manager and re-installed PD7 and upgraded back to PD 8. I'm still having the same problem and error messages...
I get the following message, "Burning Unsucessfull (1) THe DVD Video Folder doesn't conform to DVD Video Spec's Requirement." I have used PowerDirector several years with no problems. I haven't used it for about 12 months. Everything goes fine until I try to burn the DVD. I have Win 7 (64bit), i7 930 processor, good video card... All hardware drivers are up to date. I tried several different brands for DVDs and DVD-R and DVD+R. I still get the same error message. If I try to write the video to my harddrive, I get a message indicating "burning sucessful", however, there is one folder "TS Video" (or something like that) and the file is empty (0 bytes).

Does any one have any ideas???
Howdy, tried to post a question and got the following error message--

Error
This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
The incident ID is: 9127965240240026714.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks.
Mark
I have been having the same problem (and more) with PowerDirector. I currently have an open ticket but CyperLink isn't helping much... Just sending me some standard "form emails" about updating hardware drivers, windows updates, etc. I'm guessing there has been a windows update that is causing the problem (just a guess) and CyperLink doesn't yet have a "patch." Very annoying since I've successfully made video/photo DVDs for serveral years-- now, I can't.
Go to: