Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very often, simple things are better in life.... and so are in video editing!!! Much better results. I overdid some adjustments.
Thanks Carl,
Thanos
What would be the best way to turn video into B&W? I use the B&W effect button but the results are not as good as I have in mind... I do adjust saturation, brightness etc. but still not as bright, clear and saturated as I would like. Any other ideas ?
Thanks,
Thanos
I hope that patch will not be for PD11 only, since with the workaround, we will lose some speed and "goodies" of the card.
Thanks all,
Thanos
Thanks Tony,
I was looking for something "ready made"... and not go through adjustments..

Thanks, Thanos
Are there any extra downloadable effects and transitions? I am impressed that there are PiP objects, Particles, Titles etc. in DirectZone but no extra effects and transitions (no "download" option). Actualy, I am looking for a better B&W effect (the one I have needs corrections in contrast, saturation and the end result is not as 'photographic' and clear as I want it to be).
Thanks
Thanos
Quote: I had been using PD8 Deluxe without any rendering or other serious problems, though I wasn't sure whether my nVidia graphics card was being used. Tonight, I downloaded the trial of PD11 Ultra. As soon as I dragged an avi file into the timeline, continuous rendering attempts began. Rendering would reach 54 percent according to the onscreen indication, then return to zero, reach 54% again, and repeat this, continuously - preventing me from doing anything with the program.

I had just had the Gigabyte nVidia Geforce GTX 650 graphics card installed with driver version 306.23. Remembering this forum here, I fully uninstalled the nVidia drivers (Using Advanced Uninstall Pro - a good, thorough program). When I attempted to install version 301.42 drivers per the recommendation in this forum, the installer performed an automatic System Check as part of the process. The following pop-up appeared: "NVidia installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I had no choice but to reinstall the version 306.23 drivers.

So, the PD11 Ultra trial program is completely unusable, as I don't know how to activate my onboard Intel graphics, and in any case don't want to use them in lieu of the new graphics card that causes no problems with Adobe Premiere Elements. At the moment, when the 306.23 drivers are uninstalled, the display looks like very old fashioned Safe Mode graphics.

The other problem I found when dragging an avi file into the timeline was a pop-up indicating that the file with PAL 25fps attributes was incompatible with my PD11 setting "PAL 25fps". (Can't see any difference myself!) Not only that, the sound which could be heard in preview from the PD11 library was muted in the timeline despite the tick showing that it was enabled. I can't make any sense of the first false alert or of the contra-indication I have described. Please remember that I had none of these problems in PD8 Deluxe, and have none of them in Premiere Elements 10, which is not adversely affected by the GTX 650 card or its 306.23 drivers.

I would really love to buy PD11 Ultra if it were usable. The interface is beautiful. The editing features look wonderful, it has Blu Ray, AVCHD, H.264 support and much more! I would love to use the hardware acceleration. But unless Cyberlink or people in this forum can help me overcome these fundamental problems (and I am a reasonably experienced editor) I have no choice but to uninstall the PD11 trial and reinstall PD8 Deluxe.

My computer specs are Intel Core i7 3770k pcu, 16Gb 1600 mHz RAM, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 1 Tb 7200rpm SATA 3 Seagate data drive, Gigabyte H77 D3H MVP motherboard, nVidia Geforce GTX 650 graphcs, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

In my quest for the older driver 301.42, I found more than a few 301.42 drivers!!! Only one was good for my laptop (it was stated for specyfic models, GPUs, CPUs). That one I installed before uninstalling 306.23. After 301.42 was installed, I removed 306.23 and restarted my machine. It seems a bit tricky, but this worked for me.
Thanos
Obviously both new drivers and OpenCL, are ment to improve card functions. Could we take it up to "CyberLink People" and have a "patch" that could make this drawback dissapear?
Thanos
Carl's instructions are correct. I had to first download 301.42 driver (older driver that is good for PD9 and PD10), then UNINSTALL current driver and THEN install 301.42. If you don't uninstall first, you will get a message for incompatible driver.
Good luck
thanos
Found my way around, installed 301.42 and everything is OK

Thanks a lot.

thanos
unfortunately, my card can not be downgraded to an older driver version... I think I am stuck with a new card and driver that are a bad combination with PD9 !!! Should I go for PD10? Would it be any different?
Thanks
Thanos
Hi there...
I have the same problem and 301.42 seems to be non-compatible with my system!! I run Win7 64bit, i7 processor / 8GB, NVIDIA GT540M card, SSD 250GB, on my VAIO laptop.
I just found out that my version is 306.23. No instalation of any driver is possible (not even the existing one..!!). I guess this is an INVIDIA issue, not CyberLink..
I'll try to find a way to switch to 301.42 if possible..
Thanks
Thanks for the reply. Didn't work for me. I'll reply to the other thread.
Thanos
I have Win7 64bit, i7 / 6GB processor, and all i get while working on my project is a "rendering" bar under the screen, which has to go from 0% to 100% in every step (then I get a green bar over the rendered part of the project). This takes for ever.... It didn't use to do that with my older pc ... any ideas? Any more info I should share with you? Pls help.
Thanos
Thanks for your reply GoPokes! I've been listening to the IT friends but hearing it from you "video" guys is different and feels more sure.
Thanos
A friend suggested that I switch my 650GB hard drive with a SSD (OCZ Agility 3 240 GB,Internal,2.5" (AGT3-25SAT3-240G) (SSD) Solid State Drive)
Any of you guys know for sure if this will give me better processing and rendering times? Is it worth the money? Keep in mind that my “raw” video that I start working with is 50 – 70 GB…
Should I go for it?
Thanks
Thanos
Exactly what I had in mind..
Thanks for your time Carl. Well, I have to admit that PD does make a lot of things easier... not all of them though...
Thanks
Thanos
Goodmorning Carl (or better, Goodnight for you in Texas... I just got to work, in Athens, Greece...))
If I mark say five of my video clips and go to AMR, the only sound level that can be controled is the one that is under the cursor in timeline (the vertical line in timeline). If the cursor is on another point and I choose - highlight - other videoclips, nothing happens when I play with the audio1 vertical control!!.. Am I missing something?
What I would like to do, is highlight a buntch of video clips and be able to control the sound level in all of them...
Possible?

Again, thanks for the input,
Thanos
Thanks for the reply Carl,
I was refering to the video clips though and not the audio...
any ideas?

Thanos
Is there any way to adjust the sound level in all clips together at the same time in timeline? I usualy end up with a banch of clips that I need to lower the sound of.
Thanos
Any chance we can have a bigger image while in trim screen? I am getting older and my sight weakens... also, easier to avoid shaky sections.

thanks, Thanos
Go to: