Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, Michael. I continued to use the trial version until today. Customer Support contacted me within 24 hours via e-mail with a new link. I deleted the trial PowerDVD 11 just in case before upgrading from PDVD 9 to PowerDVD 11 Ultra. The upgrade went smoothly. The program meets all my expectation for 3D Blu Ray playback. The upgrade does remove the old version of PowerDVD just in case anyone wants to know, but there is no reason for me to keep both versions on my computer.
Moonman,

I had difficulty with 3D Blu Ray playback for recent titles with the same PowerDVD 9 software and LG Blu Ray burner. All recent Disney titles were pausing or stuttering. My previous titles including Avatar 3D and Disney Christmas Carol were playing perfectly with PDVD 9, which is a specially modded version that came with the LG Blu Ray burner to playback 3D Blu Rays. That modded version of PDVD 9 has no future 3D support for newer titles as far as I can tell. I upgraded my graphics card with no improvement. I tried Arcsoft TMT 5 trial which had left and right eyes reversed and was unable to switch them even though there was a menu selection to do so. Finally I downloaded PowerDVD 11 and got great results. I got best results when I set NVidia control panel to 1920x1080p@24 hz with no inverse telecine to match 3D Blu Ray output. I am using 23" LG micropolarized display and NVidia 266.77 drivers with a PNY GeForce GT 440 graphics card. I get no judders, no tearing, no artifacts. 3D effects for some reason look better to me at 24 hz than at 60 hz with inverse telecine with this version of PowerDVD. I am using an HP m9060n with Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and Vista. It has enough horsepower to get the job done. It has played Blu Ray movies for years with no issues.

Download the trial. It doesn't affect PDVD9 that's already on your computer. I can run either version. The 9 still plays the newer 3D Blu Rays with same problems. The 11 plays back everything with no problems.

Not knowing what specific problem you are having makes it hard to know what to suggest but downloading the trial is where I would start first. I wish I had done it first. I spent a lot of time and money trying other solutions that didn't work.
I just ordered an upgrade from PowerDVD 9 to 11 Ultra. The purchase link points to a download for upgrading that is not the same size as PowerDVD 11 Ultra trial and has a unique app name. Unfortunately I had Orbit software running which caused the download to fail after 70% download and the link no longer works. I have been using the PDVD 11 trial for a couple of days and am very happy with it. Can I use my upgrade Activation Code on the trial or do I have to wait for customer service to reset my link or provide me a new link and activate the upgrade program? In the meanwhile I will just continue using the trial.
Go to: