Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I use Activation Code for an Upgrade on Trial?
bookmarks [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2011 02:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I just ordered an upgrade from PowerDVD 9 to 11 Ultra. The purchase link points to a download for upgrading that is not the same size as PowerDVD 11 Ultra trial and has a unique app name. Unfortunately I had Orbit software running which caused the download to fail after 70% download and the link no longer works. I have been using the PDVD 11 trial for a couple of days and am very happy with it. Can I use my upgrade Activation Code on the trial or do I have to wait for customer service to reset my link or provide me a new link and activate the upgrade program? In the meanwhile I will just continue using the trial.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

no, you can not activate the trial.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
bookmarks [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2011 02:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Michael. I continued to use the trial version until today. Customer Support contacted me within 24 hours via e-mail with a new link. I deleted the trial PowerDVD 11 just in case before upgrading from PDVD 9 to PowerDVD 11 Ultra. The upgrade went smoothly. The program meets all my expectation for 3D Blu Ray playback. The upgrade does remove the old version of PowerDVD just in case anyone wants to know, but there is no reason for me to keep both versions on my computer.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

great

enjoy!

close as solved

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan