Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well it's not about luck. I didn't post to brag or anything.
I was just letting you know that powerdvd14 does work with nvidia 3d vision2.
If everything else works in 3d okay on your computer with your setup, then there may be a software problem.
Did you try completely uninstalling everything, including the trial version and then reinstall the full version of Powerdvd 14.
My previous version (13) and the trial version of powerdvd 14 didn't work for me in 3d.
I've got the BenQ XL2411
NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit
GTX 560ti video card
using the benq provided dvi cable
bought the full version powerdvd 14
Installed powerdvd, and it run in beautiful 3d right away, without tweaking anything.
And I must say, I have a 60" plasma and a 144" projector, and I've never seen 3d as crisp and clear as on my 24" screen with powerdvd.
Is this a glitch or am I missing something?
The files play okay in pd12 but in pd13, while they can play in 3d mode (converted 2d to 3d) but they wont play back in full 3d. Even the movie thumbnail icons have a generic icon instead of a picture icon from the movie.
Quote: Hi I am new to the whole 3d blu ray scene and wasnt sure if this was the right place. Currently I have my Samsung d550 51" plasma connected to my pc via hdmi 4.1a. The pc has a blu ray burner in it and is running off the on board graphics ATI Radeon HD 3200.

I have no problems playing 3d ripped blurays that I have created as the are SBS and then I enable the 3d on my tv so the glasses work.

The problem I have is when I play a 3d bluray disk through the Pc it will play the movie in 3d via power dvd 12 but I cannot get the tv to activate my glasses

Any help is appreciated thanks

Have you tried making the tv the primary or only monitor? through display settings?

have you tried revo uninstaller?
Yes
I have hdmi output on my video card
have a 50' hdmi cable to my panasonic 56" 3d tv and it plays any 3d blu-ray in full 3d (with shutter glasses)
You can also switch it to anaglyph if you dont have a 3d tv and use the red/blue (cyan) glasses
Got a reply back this morning thanks
How long does it take normally Cyberlink technical support take to get back to you?
I submitted and enquiry 4 days ago and still no response....
all my thumbnails dissapeared in my library. Last time I shut down powerdvd they were fine.
there creeping back slooowly
anyone else have this happen?
Quote: Thanks for your advise. Can you please post your complete setup. Did you had to install nVidia 3DTV or just in control panel you configured 3D stereoscopic. Have you tried 3D blu-rays and do you get crosstalk, what TV you use. Thanks

I'm using windows 7 home edition and powerdvd 12.
I have an hdmi wire running from the videocard to my Panasonic 3d tv tc-p50_54vt25.
I just installed the nVidia software for the nvidia gtx 560 Ti (Automatic Driver Detection) from the website and it installs a control panel where you can turn the 3d off or on. It has a display settings like windows. It recognised my Panasonic. I just clicked on it to enable it, then I clicked to clone my computer with the panasonic making the panasonic the primary monitor.
I just have a regular blu-ray player in my computer. nothing else.
I can play Avatar in full 1080p 3d, no crosstalk, no ghosting, plays just as well as my sony3d dvd player attached to the tv.
If your computer is fast enough to play HD then it should work okay. Your just using the 3d tv like a large monitor after all.
I have the nvidia gtx 560 Ti and it works very well. I stream through a 50ft hdmi cable to my 3d tv
did you do the upgrade to ver. 12.0.1514.54?
My retail did'nt work either till I got the update
Not to worry the the files play fine in the full retail version.

Um... anyone know how to delete a post here?
I downloaded powerdvd 12 demo and it does't play any of my true 3d home movie in 3d.
I have the sony HDR-TD10 and I have powerdvd 11 installed and it plays the movies fine in 3d on my 3d tv.
With this version (12) they wont work. They do play them, and my shutter glasses kick in, but there is no perspective. The HDR-TD10 takes two films at once that are slightly apart and the pictures are combined to show the full 3d, when played back. It seems like powerdvd 12 is only playing the left or right film twice.
Everything else works fine, like my 3d photos, 3d on youtube and my 3d blu-rays.
Anyone got any Ideas whats up?
Quote: So I recently formatted my PC and wish to install my licensed version of PowerDVD Ultra 12, however, I only have the upgrade version installer. Is there anyway to install the full version with my upgrade key? I don't want to have to install v10 or v11 and then install v12, I'd rather go straight to v12 since it's cleaner.

Thanks.

I don't know about powerdvd, but, with any other software you need to install the previous version. (That's the nice thing about having the full version)
Otherwise... everyone would just buy the upgrade version at the reduced cost.
Will powerdvd 12 play my m2v files with sound?
I have hours of video on external back up drives in m2v format ( where the sound is seperate)
I have been using fastone capture.
It's a great little program and is only $20 for lifetime updates
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
Quote: jasm;
Quote: I have only 4 days left of my trial copy and still have had no success in creating what is advertised, to create a 3d-bd disk. I have asked for help in this forum as well as Cyberlink support and I still cant create even a small video.

Sorry I forgot..YOU actually opened this thread. The issue with 3D is one we are all fighting through. It is reported to Cyberlink as a bug (Dafydd posted a ebug number on it somewhere amongst all the threads) and MAN-O-Man do I hope a patch comes out soon. Until then, I am just using my projects as learning events, preparing for it to come out fixed.

I think it is SOO COOL that 2D can be rendered as 3D..I have done a couple small videos and the effects are not bad! Once it is fixed and can burn, I will make a couple for the family.

yea thanks FredB. I've got my fingers crossed Cyberlink are working on it. I just hope I can install another trial when this one runs out in 2 days. I really think it's a great program. Most program new versions, have a few teething problems when they first come out. Anyone who has ever used Pinnacle Studio over the years will know what I mean.
Quote: Jasm,

If you take the time to do some research (it will take some time) you'll find that all the video editor S/W out there including the more expensive ones have difficulties with HD at one time or anther. The reason is simple : the HD video standards are poor at best. Manufacturers are allowed to modify critical aspects within the standards to suite their needs. Therefore, the standard becomes a guideline instead. I recently attempted to use a brand new model Panasonic HD TV (these are the guys that in part invented AVCHD) and guess what ? Their manual states in plain english that certain types of AVCHD files may not be compatible to the media player built into the set ! And to make things interesting camcorder and camera makers fudge the "standards" as well. Take the time to read the various forums (other than this one) dedicated to this topic and you'll be unpleasantly surprised.

Lol, your kiddin arn't ya? Take the time... I think I've been to every forum on the net. Tried out every peice of software that has come along. I have no problem with HD. I Have one of Panasonic's top of the line 3d tv's and Sony 3d video camera I have pinnacle studio and Vegas pro which serve my nicely. My only beef is I'm still waiting on the Ideal 3d editing program to come along and Power Director is soooo close to being it.
I have a lot of wonderful 3d video just waiting to be edited. I can view it through my camera and anyone who see's it on my 3d tv are amazed. I can make side by side and put it on a 25gb blu-ray and it's okay, but I want the full 1080p.
Quote: Hi Jasm

best thin u can do is move to Vegas movie maker platinum has some problems YES but it works and you CAN edit video. Aa far as PD10 goes it is ONLY PD9 with more bugs and 3d,
which a lot of people dont't even use.
PD9 now called PD10 with more bugs than usual.

Hi Tomthumb
yea Vegas cant do it either. PD10 is the closest thing out there so far for 3d-bd. I beleive it could, and does work, but I'm just not paying out for more software till I check it out myself.
Been stung too many times.
Kilmarnock huh! I lived there many moons ago...
Go to: