Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
From what I can tell the security update doesn't play nicely with the fox drm. Standalone players don't have security updates so obviously don't have this problem. This would be why every other blu ray program seems to have the exact same problem in win7. It's not the players fault it's windows (or fox's depending on your pov)....but ultimately it's up to the programmers of these players to find a way to bypass this security update which I'm sure is a pretty tricky undertaking (in case you don't know programming isn't easy and sometimes tracking down and fixing bugs can be a very long drawn out process for even the best programmers.....especially when dealing with a 30gig operating system).
Got to watch it trying to re install itself though. I had problems again last night...looked in updates again and sure enough it put itself back on. Anyone know how to at least temporarily disable the re install of this update?
Does anyone know how to get the little credit card remote that comes with this external cable capture device to actually have full control of PDVD11 functions? All it does atm is control volume as far as I can tell. It works perfectly with WMC. Is this pretty much a lost cause (unless cyberlink decides to support this device) or is there an easy fix for this?
Glad to say this worked wonders for me with Star Wars ep IV. Not only did it fix the artifacting it also fixed a few other things that I noticed and thought were just bad restoration on the part of Lucasfilm. It fixed the lighting being over-saturated in the rebel blockade runner in the opening scene. It fixed alot of out of place red hue in darker scenes. It also fixed really bad skin tones (especially the lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Darth on the deathstar....Obi Wan looked like he was running a fever >< ). Seems to have made the green screen windows on the Falcon stand out less.

Did not however fix the core 0 maxing out issue but really that's a non-issue with me as I have a hex core proc and more than adequate cooling to handle all cores being maxed for days on end (I built my system around being able to OC for games/3d rendering but put it at stock otherwise). I am still slightly worried about having to disable a security update but not too worried....just hope you guys get this patched soon so that I can re-instal it.

Thanks again for helping fix this issue.....now I can actually enjoy SW in all its 1080p glory.
I just bought a blu ray player largely for the new BD Star Wars....only to find this horrid artifacting (also colors are very washed out in brighter scenes but I'm sure theres settings I can adjust to fix that). Didn't get any audio chop but trying to watch IV last night was just sad with the artifacting happening alot on the good fight scenes. As others have said the artifacting is random and can happen at any time stamp once and not at that one the next time. Also core 0 maxed out like the rest (except one time that I can't seem to reproduce where I got artifacting and when it stopped my core usage went down to 30-40%....I restarted the program before anymore artifacting happened though)

specs:
-Asus Blu-ray writer BW-12B1ST
-Asus Sabertooth 990fx mobo
-AMD 1100t Black Edition 3.3ghz hex core
-2 x Radeon HD6950s crossfired (catalyst 11.10 preview driver)
-3 x Acer 23" S231HL (monitor I'm viewing on is setup on HDMI to DVI converter)

Hopefully we see a fix for this soon as I don't want to ruin one of my favorite movie sagas anymore than it has already been.

I'm using the cyberlink 11 trial atm but it doesn't seem that matters as people with paid version are having exact same problems (the artifacting is mostly red for me and the spots that are affected seem to be repeating previous frames in the distortion)
Go to: