Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm finding my own solutions to watching BDs in HD with all the bells and whistles to boot. No holds barred for my solutions.

Good Luck All

Out
Quote:
Quote: ftp://429:SGHVFISQ@ftp.gocyberlink.com/PowerDVD11

Worked for me.

Tried it, but it won't take my CD-Key. Thanks Cyberlink.

They've probably deactivated that download, or your CDKey is not a "Full Build" key. If it's an "Upgrade to PDVD 11" key it wont work.

You must contact Cyberlink, regarding your issues and suply them with your proof of purchase, of an Upgrade key and/or retail case ID...bla bla bla. They said they'll send us a working key that will work
It wasn't, I don't get Win critical updates....for over a year. It was something internal to Cyberlink, its patches, its updates and/or internet server connectivity requirement for playback of BDs, or some form of silent/subversive update from them.
You see Cyber-Mike......building hostilities. What are you guys...lock up in a shanty town, backwoods, third world, blackmarket company sweat shop? Get the F off your @#S and make a genuine apologetic statement.
I realize that this thread is for version 11, but the key reason I stopped using version 12 and gone back to 11 is that version 12 aborts constantly when playing back high resolution audio tracks such as DTD-HD MA or DOLBY TRUE HD audio tracks. Originally this was thought to be related to using INTEL HDMI audio, however when I went to an NVIDIA HDMI audio card with different driver and discovered the same problem, I pretty much gave up on it. This was to be fixed in this latest version 2428 but it's not. The problem is still there. I have now given up on the software and considered the upgrade a total waste of money.

Do you mean it kept going or flickering "black screan? When I started using PDVD 12 (trial), after this big issues with PDVD 11, I was getting a "constant aborting" or contsant blacking out. I discovered it was an issue with the video setting with PDVD 12. In videa settings "advanced" (i believe) there's a setting for "Interveaving" on or off, after turning this off, the problem went away. Full DTS-Master audio works great, also.

Hope it works for you also.
I realize that this thread is for version 11, but the key reason I stopped using version 12 and gone back to 11 is that version 12 aborts constantly when playing back high resolution audio tracks such as DTD-HD MA or DOLBY TRUE HD audio tracks. Originally this was thought to be related to using INTEL HDMI audio, however when I went to an NVIDIA HDMI audio card with different driver and discovered the same problem, I pretty much gave up on it. This was to be fixed in this latest version 2428 but it's not. The problem is still there. I have now given up on the software and considered the upgrade a total waste of money.

Do you mean it kept going or flickering "black screan? When I started using PDVD 12 (trial), after this big issues with PDVD 11, I was getting a "constant aborting" or contsant blacking out. I discovered it was an issue with the video setting with PDVD 12. In videa settings "advanced" (i believe) there's a setting for "Interveaving" on or off, after turning this off, the problem went away. Full DTS-Master audio works great, also. Hope it works for you also.
Enough innuendos,

Enough speculation,

Enough threats,

Why is it taking so long for customers to get the fix?

Quote: If they're so bloody paranoid about piracy and the dodgy ways people are supposed to be using there product keys, why don't they record the purchasers IP address at the time of transaction. If memory serves me right, Blizzard do with this with peoples accounts with warcraft. It may not be the best solution but anythings better than this.

Oh be assured, they(Cyberlink) have "all" the info they need on the people complaining about this issue, and then some.
Quote: The key I used was the one that was provided when I purchased PDVD11. So far as I know, only full install keys worked with the hot-fix version. So, sounds like they gave you a new one because your upgrade key wouldn't work. How long did they give you the run around?

I'm in agreament with you on that point.

I've been waiting for three days for my new key. As I have mentioned, I have only an "upgrade of PDVD 11 Ultra" key.
You can download the trial version of PDVD 12 Ultra for free for one month.

I had made another "subversive" suggestion of what we can do while we waite, but Cyberlink-Micheal threatend to ban me if I continued making these types of suggestion.

Sorry Cyberlink,

What was I thinking.
Quote: I never officially heard from Cyberlink regarding this hot-fix version. Not exactly in a hurry with letting there loyal customers know :/ pfft!

If it wasn't for the kind users here and posting the link they were given, I would probably still be sitting on my hands.

Cheers Cyberlink... not!

P.S From what Ive heard, unless you are using the very latest AnydvdHD. I wouldn't advise you get PDVD12 or the upgrade, as it contains Cinavia protection. PDVD11 doesn't have such cr@p!

And this is exactly why I think this whole issue arose in the first place. They're cracking down on the use of the older sofware with this glaring breach in Copyright protection. I think they intentionally infused the error into our installed software. Meaning, I think they subversively installed the glitch.
Quote:
Quote: hi Dakkith,
Would you kindly share more about the problem?
What is the movie title you're trying to play with and what is your computer information? computer/notebook model name or your CPU/GPU information?

Sure, no problem. I've tried three blu-rays: 2012, Prometheus, and The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).

This new build plays all of them fine on my Windows 7 x64 machine, but does not work on my Windows 8 x64 machine. The Windows 8 machine is able to play DVDs fine - it's just blu-rays that don't play.

The symptoms are that the disc loads fine (I see the percentage bar go up to 100), and then it attempts to play the movie, then instantly stops - sending me back to the regular PowerDVD interface. When I try to play it again it asks me if I would like to restart or resume, but both options also result in the playback stopping immediately.

It's a regular desktop machine. Intel Core i7-950 CPU, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6950 GPU (MSI). Played blu-rays just fine until this recent issue (error 800401F9 and the rest).

But are you getting the 800401F9 Error in DLL message, and the infamous Region Box with 0 region changes left message, and "cannot find the drive"?
Well there's been a lot of speculation flying around. And I'm one of the customers who has also been speculating and theorizing.....and it's all because this whole thing has seemed so secretive.
Quote: This issue happens when Windows update on end of Feb is applied and if you've installed the latest PowerDVD 11 patch.

This just doesn't jive with my rational. I've got Windows Critical/optional updates turned off. Haven't had one update for over a year. I only receive Win Security Essentials. Did MS subversively update my computer without my knowledge? I've often wondered about that.
So what do you realy think the cause of this issue was? Out of the 10s of thousands of PDVD 11 users, howcome they all arn't complaining. Did it only happen to PDVD 11 users? Did it happen to all of the levels, ie Standard, Deluxe and Ultra
Not sure what Mark it is, but it is just an Upgrade CDKey from PDVD 09 Ultra. They told me it has to be a Full Build Key. I'm still waiting for them to send me a key. They must be widdling it out of wood in the keebler shop.
Quote: How long was it till the support answered?
I opened the ticket 2 days ago and was asked to send screenshots, what I did. Since then, nothing. No reply, ne help.
That sux, specially if they are only a few with the problem and the workaround so easy.

Customerfriendly looks different in my eyes.

It's been a day so far. I'm waiting for a final reply with a CDKey to be given to me for the new full build replacement. If you have a Full Build PDVD 11 CDKey (not an Upgrade key) then this ftp link xxxxxxxxxxxx should work for you.
I was also told (by Cyber-Mike) that the CDKey you (the customer) own, and has to be a "Full install" CDkey, not an "Upgrade" key, as I tried to use. I have a realy old PDVD 08 full install key, and it does not look anything like the new cdkeys, so that wouldn't work either.
Quote:
Quote: One of the other blu-ray softwares still works, so I must assume it is not problem with Windows update but Cyberlink PowerDVD itself.

And since that Albatross365's test version doesn't work for everyone and it is behind protected ftp, it must be DRM issue. Did Cyberlink's blu-ray key expire by accident? That could make sense that they somehow tied in cd-key and that hidden key in PowerDVD 11 and older so thigh that they can just send one universal patch so easily and have made a more modular authentication system in version 12.

I would accept if they explain the reason to be something logical like this, but I don't like when fairly expensive paid software just stops working. I had planned a movie night with recently bought Batman trilogy in blu-ray, but instead I had to watch old tv-shows via Netflix.

The problem lies within the latest patch (v3318 ) of PowerDVD 11. It might have something to do with Windows update but even so it is a problem within PowerDVD 11 v3318. If you install an earlier version of PowerDVD 11 (v2408 for example) the BD drive is recognized properly but Bluray's can't be played since the key has expired.

What I'm left wondering is that does Cyberlink really have so few PowerDVD 11 customers that it's cost effective to hand out patches individually to each customer? This is something that really should be addressed with a hotfix available to everyone without a need to ask for it through customer support.

What it speaks to me of is, that not that many people are having the issue, maybe a handfull. I don't see the forum inquiries flying off the rails. It says something to me that I will not mention here, for the sake of incrimination. I think this issue comes from a more, lets say, missuse of the software, be it accidental or not.
The PDVD 11 Ultra key (my original) didn't work
Go to: