Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I did an interesting test. I downloaded a trial version of Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 which is an alternative to PowerDVD. This trial version played all my blu-ray movies superbly unlike the trial version of PowerDVD 11 which refused to play anything. And guess what? It played my Batman blu-ray WITHOUT A SINGLE SKIP/HICCUP/FREEZE. After this test I launched PowerDVD 10 again to watch Batman and all these random skips/hiccups/freezes were immediately back.

So it was not about my computer but PowerDVD. I guess my next blu-ray player will be Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre.

I got really frustrated last night as well and decided to try out Arcsoft. Guess what? It worked beautifully and has a much nicer interface/features than PowerDVD. I suggest everyone check it out. Additionally, the actual developers are much more in tune with the community, not some PR bullshit like Cyberlink.
Quote: There are few (just google them) but I don't think they are any better.

Arcsoft Total Media theatre is much better than Cyberlink's piece of crab attempt. I was having trouble with this boxset and another bluray. They wouldn't even play in older versions of PowerDVD and had tons of stuttering/sound issues with 11. I downloaded the trial version of Arcsoft's player and guess what? It worked perfectly. Check it out for yourself.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The interface and features are also much nicer than Cyberlink's.
Quote: Hello,

I suggest to upgrade to PowerDVD 11

Br
Michael

Do you know how unlawful that statement is? You cannot systematically make software obsolete while forcing people to upgrade to a newer version. You must either support the software you advertise to work, or issue refunds to your customers. For all those involved I suggest you take a trip to the better business bureau and file a complaint against cyberlink.

http://www.la.bbb.org/ComplaintDetail.aspx?CompanyID=16002673
I think we need to start getting the better business bureau involved considering Cyberlink knows there is a problem with their software, but refuses to fix it. Making one version of their software obsolete and malfunctioning thus forcing their customers to upgrade is just asking for a lawsuit. I suggest we all start filling out the following form:

http://www.la.bbb.org/ComplaintDetail.aspx?CompanyID=16002673

Go to: