Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Carl, I agree entirely with “Fenman” - you do a terrific job and have been a perfect gentleman in mediating our frustrations.
May I thank you sincerely for your tack, patience and obvious understanding of our problem & principles.
Well done!
Phil
Sorry Carl we seem to be going round in circles, when I roll back the drivers I don't get the nVidea upgrade benefits on my other graphics software !!! -
Don't forget, Cyberlink PD9 states - "ALWAYS ENSURE LATEST DRIVERS ARE USED"

We are then back full circle to the need for a :- "statement of intent" for how long we can expect software support for.

Would you not acknowledge that this is a reasonable request - if only as a transparent marketing ploy .
At least we would all then know what to expect !.
many thanks
Phil
I also am still smarting from this situation - especially when I load cyberlink PD9 and am reminded by them to - "ENSURE LATEST DRIVERS ARE USED " that really gets my back up ! because as we know - it just don't work !.

As I have previously stated - A substantial reduction for an upgrade would have been all it takes to regain confidence and support for cyberlink - I am currently running PD11 trial, but as a matter of principle totally refuse to pay full " wack" or even be tempted by the generic offers that are being offered persae - to everyone !.
PLEASE PLEASE Cyberlink - do not continue to bite the hand that feeds you ! .
Perhaps I should appeal to - Alice H. Chang, Chief Executive Officer ?.
I7baby - I agree 1 - I have been pondering over this for weeks now and both Carl & Daffyd do a sterling job speaking on behalf of Cyberlink - I have rolled back my drivers but this defeats the object on 90% of my other software - so we have an impass !. Unfortunately "someone at cyberlink" just doesn't get the point ( or just doesn't care).
RESULT - very disappointed & I give up !.
On a positive note , software support for Serrif Movie plus seem excellent at our school - I was moving to go with Cyberlink for school and home ( getting kids using it ) but am just so disillusioned by the negative customer support.

C`mon cyberlink - turn this impass around - at least value your faithful customers with a decent upgrade package and lets get makin` movies !
Ref:- http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/25663.page#146218

Firstly let me thank all senior contributors and subscribers who engage in this useful and fair forum. We all have problems and opinions which it is sometimes difficult to share or even resolve.
However my concern in respect of this current topic revolves around disappointment, doubt and disillusionment - BUT with an eye towards moving on and getting the best for everyone !.
Do Power Directors have ears?
Since Power Director Version 6 release (Mar 14, 2007) there has been a new release every subsequent year, with great support until recent problems - so what’s going on?
OK so if Cyberlink policy is now to only provide software support for 2 years – TELL US!
Be open, be transparent – BUT get your marketing strategy to give what I think people want - value for money on an expected timescale.
Power Director 11 Ultimate Suit is possibly the best available - and I want it - but not at any price!
Times are hard for most people and a “hazy” layered product/ pricing strategy is not what I want. Forget Deluxe, forget Ultra, forget Ultimate – give us your best, Power Director 11 Ultimate Suite - at the best price.
Listen , think and do the maths - “ One love , one life , let`s get together and feel alright”.
Phil
Firstly let me thank all senior contributors and subscribers who engage in this useful and fair forum. We all have problems and opinions which it is sometimes difficult to share or even resolve.
However my concern in respect of this current topic revolves around disappointment, doubt and disillusionment - BUT with an eye towards moving on and getting the best for everyone !.
Do Power Directors have ears?
Since Power Director Version 6 release (Mar 14, 2007) there has been a new release every subsequent year, with great support until recent problems - so what’s going on?
OK so if Cyberlink policy is now to only provide software support for 2 years – TELL US!
Be open, be transparent – BUT get your marketing strategy to give what I think people want - value for money on an expected timescale.
Power Director 11 Ultimate Suit is possibly the best available - and I want it - but not at any price!
Times are hard for most people and a “hazy” layered product/ pricing strategy is not what I want. Forget Deluxe, forget Ultra, forget Ultimate – give us your best, Power Director 11 Ultimate Suite - at the best price.
Listen , think and do the maths - “ One love , one life , let`s get together and feel alright”.
Phil
I posted similar comments 5/12/12 - Very dissapointed at the replies.
HOWEVER on a positive note - could I sugest that cyberlink give a DECENT upgrade price to people like us who have only had PD9 for 18 months ???.
I have over 40 videos posted on youtube which credit PD9 -"caretakerproduction".

PD11 ultamate suit looks fantastic,BUT my principles tell me to back off - Unless there is some compromise on an upgrade price.
I love PD9 and would be willing to upgrade to PD11 ultamate suit for under £100 uk.
Anyone listening ??????
Phil

Hi Fenman , Mmmmm - interesting, seems like the video driver problem has been evident with PD9/10 & 11 as questioned in a number of posts under different /similar headings.

Thanks for your comments on my previous posting - Its nice (yet dissapointing) to know we`re not on our own ! .

Just one thing I cant understand is if CL can fix the problem on PD10 & PD11 - Why not PD9

Thanks again Carl for your comments and speedy reply - its nice to know the forum works well thanks to people like yourself.
I got PD9 18 months ago ( just before they brought out PD10 ! ). It has served me well up to this recent problem.
I do tend to nail my allegiance to "the post", but perhaps its time to look at the competition.

Keep up the good work !
Have a great Christmas & New Year
cheers & beers
Phil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v5LXoYuqVg&list=UL
Thanks for the info Carl - dissapointed that CL can not (or will not ?) fix the driver issue.
This means I will need to upgrade my video editor - Mmmm but will a similar thing happen with PD10 & PD11.

As a regular PD9 user who always credits cyberlink - http://www.youtube.com/user/caretakerproduction - I would be happy to give my opinon on PD 11, if they want to send me a complimentary copy !!!!.
Phil
Hi am having same problem - system restored back to over 1 month ago - dissabled windows auto updates - when prompted for new updates , disable the nVidia update -
" Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GT 520"

Unfortunately it keeps trying to install on reboots !!! - Technically for my video card I NEED it - BUT CLPD doesnt like it one bit !!

Hopefull software support will sort it or PD11 may get overlooked .

This update has been a Pain I.T.A. ! - or is it CL PD9 - c`mon guys what is the fix - am getting totally `PD off .

If installed this causes the "green line" and constant re-rendering of whatever is put on the timeline - Grrrrrrr !

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in October, 2012

my system is
HP S5653 intel I.5 11gb ram
nvidea Geoforce GT520

cheers
Phil
Go to: