Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This entire thread has been extremely helpful. I am a tremendous newbie. That said, I thought I would pass on some of my additional findings on Power Director, Aunsoft, & WDTV:

I have a Panasonic TM700. I am recording 1080p 60 frames (59.94). I have attempted to use both Power Director 9 and Aunsoft to concatenate the MTS (or M2TS) files into one for seamless viewing on a WD TV Live player.

Power Director: I noticed that the playback on WDTV from Power Director M2TS output was noticeably choppier than the raw M2TS file straight from the camera playing on WDTV. I video my kids' hockey games (fast action). The problem looks like a framerate issue. From a PD processing perspective, I tweaked the profile.ini file as indicated earlier in this thread (nice tip). That tweak allowed me to SVRT process the video. After the tweak, I have tried every processing combination setting in PowerDirector (Hardware Processing, CABAC vs CAVLC, Block Reduction, higher bitstream, lower bitstream, etc.) to try and fix the problem... all to no avail. Alas, until I tried the FIXPD9 batch process (described earlier in the tread). This fix is old school and uses DOS with a combination of two programs, "EAC3TO" to demux and "tsMuxeR" to remux. Viola, it fixed the problem (and is really fast). I would assume that the demux and remux process fixes the header information (especially related to framerate). There is an obscure message when running tsMuxeR that the framerate is not in the header. Maybe that's why the choppiness on WDTV seems to come and go (if I watch closely). My process with this batch file is to produce the video using PowerDirector (H.265 AVC and the Profile.ini tweak). Then I take the produced video and run it through the FIXPD9 Batch process.

Aunsoft: There was a recommendation in the thread to use Aunsoft. I bought it. But quite frankly, I don't think that it works as described. I have tried all methods to concatenate M2TS files (and to also use the internal MTS import function directly from the Panasonic camera... which it recognizes). None of the files play back correctly on WDTV. The videos studder in an extreme fashion.

Cheers! And thanks again for all the help!
Go to: