Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions also mess up your audio and chapters if you separate them from the master video and then make any changes, like delete a segment.
I read this discussion this weekend and then couldn't find it as I was searching for safe zone and you called it Save Zone or is that two different things. You only show truncating the top/bottom and the Safe Zone shows areas around the whole border that are not safe.

After watching my HD video that I had saved as a DVD on my mom's tv which is a WS LCD TV that many of the titles that had fit within the safe zone were being truncated. I toggled through the TV options of Fill, Zoom, Full, regular etc and it didn't matter. On computer the DVD files play fine, so it has to be the DVD player or TV I assume truncating the video and text.
I have this happen all the time and seems to be related to deleting segments that had transitions. Which is why I don't add transitions until I have the movie edited the way I want. It also impacts chapters if you created those.

If you delete a segment that you have applied a transition to, then later delete the segment. I find often that later clips the non master tracks have all shifted the distance of the transition effect to the left. I then have to move them all back to the right to the end of the movie. It seems like it doesn't know how to adjust the other tracks based on the transition length. The chaptes also all shift. I haven't tried, but if you can remove the transition before deleting the segment it might help. Also if you undo after deleting a segment, it doesn't put the chapters back correctly in many cases.
It looks like you found the processor threads. I have two processor i7 an didn't know I had to indicate that in the Advanced Boot Option, so I set mine to 2 and that seemed to help.

One other thing I notice when I have failure, the HD setting likes to revert back to MPEG instead of H.264. I always have problem when doing MPEG HD burn to disk.

Also you might try converting the 4:3 video to 16:9 by itself and then reimport it into your PiP. Might need to use a different program to do that if this one crashes.

It's definitely the community that keeps me here, not the program.
I would suggest reinstalling and paying attention to all the advise in the readme. Don't skip Quicktime install.

Microsoft DirectX® 9 runtime library must be installed in advance. If you purchase the Internet download version or the free trial version, you have to download this module from the Microsoft Web site or from other Web locations. Microsoft DirectX® 9 can also be found at the Microsoft DirectX® 9 download page on the Microsoft web site: http://www.microsoft.com.

In order to avoid most compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications, including virus scans and instant messaging software.

Other third party codecs that installed QuickTime alternative codecs, such as the Storm Codec or K-Lite Codec Pack. We suggest that you uninstall these codec packs, and install the official Apple QuickTime 7 Player. After QuickTime is installed, try installing CyberLink PowerDirector 8 again.

Don't forget to get the latest patch.

There is advise on the forums about changing settings in Preferences. One setting creates lower quality versions of your HD video in the background so you can edit easier. That can crash you when not doing anything. Disable it. Also the autosaves can crash you every 10min. turn it off and then manually save often. If you're crashing from those maybe your hard drive needs chkdsk run against it.

Install your latest video drivers.
The first 21% is the menu. Try monitoring in Taskmanager to see what is happening after the 21% part. Try a different menu. See my results above.

Just by chance you didn't skip the install of Quicktime did you. Install latest version of that and reinstall PD. I don't know where they use Quicktime, maybe the menus, but I just thought it might be a possibility.

Can you toggle "Enable hardware video encoder" or is it grayed. If grayed it may not actually be on.
That would work too, but probably illogically I was thinking I was saving project or output space by only copying the audio portion.

I should note that this problem may not be true for everyone, but be sure to double check before you burn that audio separated from video is still on track or avoid it.
I separated my audio from video track so I could copy the audio for the intro and credits. I did this three times. I burned the video and everything was fine. I then added transitions between chapters and the 3 places I had separated the audio from the video were out of sync after adding transitions. It looks like it split the audio between the end of the transition and the rest of the video and then did something to that portion of the audio to cause the rest of that chapter to be out of sync, but then fine again when it started the next video.

Worse is I burned 9 blu-rays and DVD and sent them out before I realized those 3 out of 35 chapters were broken.

Solution: I deleted those chapters, which left a little segment of audio where the transition was, which I had to delete also and reinserted the video again and didn't separate the audio this time. Somehow I thought that if I deleted that separated audio track I would lose the audio on my intro also, but I didn't. That tells me what I should have done was just inserted the video at the end of my movie, separated the audio, copied it to where I wanted to use it and then delete video.

Bug: Don't use transitions with videos you separated the audio from or even better don't separate the audio from your video if you need them to stay in sync.
Is the audio out of sync with not editing or after you have added transitions or effects. One of them may be causing them. There is some good advise on this thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13593.page
Depending on version of Windows you can try just having Windows import it or another program and see if it has the same issue. Reading help on the Dazzle site might help. Could be a codecs issue or performance of your machine. Capture video to different drive then OS, defrag drive, close everything else including virus software and Instant Messaging and try again.

Other option is to Right click on the Video and click on Split the Audio. It will make the audio another track and you can then shift it left or right as needed to sync it up.
Either do a title overlay onto of the video or if you want a solid background to do the Title on or just to be a place holder on the Master Video Track, go up to All Content and select Color Boards and add that to the timeline on the Mater Track and then expand that to however long you want the Title to last.
I might start back at the beginning and ask how your are trying to open the files as even if the Codecs was not compatible it would still list .avi files.

1) The folder icon at the top defaults to Opening Projects, so would only be looking for those files.

2) The folder icon just to the right of the Media Room icon under Capture is the Import Media icon. That is the one that you want to use to open your .avi files. Also you can drag and drop from explorer to this window. That should solve your problems.

3) If not then you need to tell us what version of Windows you are running to help you with finding the correct codecs pack to install. I have Win7 64bit and use K-lite Codecs pack, be sure to use the Codecs that matches the software (32bit for PD and if PD9 supports 64bit later you might need the 64bit version. I install both.

Make sure you choose PAL format when you export your video to match your source.
Thanks Carl, there's actually two options Restore the Advanced Functions and Reset. I'll try the first and see if that does it.

Yes its off topic, but couldn't find a Forum for the Forum.
I haven't been able to use IE 8 for a while now in the forum, so having to use Firefox to post. Anyone else have this problem and come up with a fix.
You may be experiencing, the Clip vs Movie setting under the preview Window. It likes to switch back to Clip mode all the time, which only plays what you have selected, which may be just the effect or a single clip. If you want to see it play through both splits, click on Movie, hit play.
Yes, close all other applications, virus software, antispyware. You don't have to uninstall them just turn them off while running. Check your task manager to see if anything might still be running that could interfere. I would suggest installing the latest Quicktime prior to installation, that way you have the correct version and don't have to install an old version first.

The install prep might tell you to do other stuff following it exactly. I'm on Win7 64bit.

Other lessons to prepare yourself for. Read the forum and learn from others. The biggest challenge is learning the limitations and how to work around them. As much as I like the software for what it can do, I do feel constrained at times, but believe me not as constrained as I did with most other video editing software. There are limits you don't find until you try like no more than 4 motion videos per menu for HD output and no text only menus for example. 4x3 effects won't work with 16x9 video or vice versa. Learn how to organize your files up front so you reduce the chance that your links will break when changing drive letters moving stuff around. There is a packaging feature if you have the space but doesn't include the music.
Took me a bit to even find that effect. Would she permit having you repeat the music track to give you more time. Then split up the sets for each repeat including only enough photos that don't appear too crowded. Also consider making a collage of photos as a still and then transition between several collages. You also can use other software to turn your stills into video, but most won't offer the control that it sounds like you are looking for. Photodex offers some highend options.

The screen display looked pretty grainy, but output was good. Proshow Producer has a Montage effect that might be reproduceable in PD. It does a Montage by having the photo start small and grow bigger as it moves off to the left of the screen. That way no photo is on top of each other, but gives a filling of motion. They also have a Carousel Montage where they rotate around, but the one in front is large, again no overlap on the front photo. They have 1 for portraits and 1 for landscape, which makes me think that maybe by separating the two types into sets you'll get less overlay regardless how you do it.

Another montage is called Parallel tracks of images panning in opposing directions. Like two trains passing. You get 2x the pics in the same time no overlap.

You could also create multiple sets that run the same length of the song, but then put them in a PiP matrix with each video running simultaneously on the screen, but only 1 sound track playing.
I think you meant 2) RAM 6GB and 4) Blu Ray drive should be a burner, otherwise all you can is play the files.
I would love to see what your output ended up looking like to stir me to try the same thing. Maybe you can post to youtube a sample through the upload.
If you killed a task during install I would reinstall again to be safe and you didn't mention applying the latest patch as that will fix many errors.
Go to: