Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The problem is running a multi monitor setup with one of the monitors in portrait orientation. No need to troubleshoot further. Now if only CyberLink would fix it or at least remove the check in their software preventing it from running.

Quote: I use Dual setup (one Analog and one HDTV PLASMA)- when watching some Blu-Rays the Analog must be disconnected due to the HDCP- however, I did notice that my Plasma had a thin line on the right edge (bleeding) I adjusted by enabling ATI Scaling options- for your situation you you need to tweet your video card settings- You haven't included any system info tho- why? isn't that part of the solution- So start with your GPU software, tweek there-
I've got this issue myself. I've seen this mentioned at avsforum and after reading a few posts of people with this issue I got a clue of the cause and have verified it and I wish CyberLink would fix it as it's been around awhile. So here's the bug CyberLink (now please fix it):
In a multimonitor system if one of the monitors (I'll detail my setup below) is in portrait orientation you get this bug.

I can't say for certain if the rest is important (but in case it is):
My setup (that generates bug) Monitor 2 is my primary monitor it is in Landscape mode at 1920x1200. Monitor 1 (to the right of monitor 2) is in Portrait mode 1200x1600.

Workarounds:
Switch Monitor 1 to Landscape.
Disable portrait monitor.

It's a real pain to have to whack my second monitor to use PowerDVD. I also am totally confused as to why this check is even in the software cause it can and by default is ran in a window anyhow. Please fix. If I can be of assistance in testing I'd be glad to.

My one other (after just having installed program) complaint is that in Win7 it exits Aero when running PowerDVD10Ultra.
Go to: