Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Am working on a project that I am putting borders around various pictures. The border option is defaulted to black and size 3. Is there anyway to set it to a different default color so I don't have to manually go into each and change it to the color and size I want. I'd like to be able to simply click to add a border and the one I want is automatically applied.

Thanks!

-Max

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
Using PD 14, some scenes of my video are missing audio, or the audio doesn't start until late in the scene.

In this case, ALL of the source video/audio is taken from the same DVD .vob files (after importing to my HD). This is a DVD that I made myself. It does not contain any protection.

The audio plays fine from Windows (via Power DVD 12). The audio even plays fine when first imported into PD. The audio wave form displays as expected on the time line and can be clearly heard.

However, after some editing of the video, the audio waveform disappears from some some scenes and if the project is produced or a DVD is made from the edited video, the audio is entirely missing from some scenes or doesn't begin until several minutes into the scene. The edits are very simple-- mainly splitting the video and deleting portions to make shorter scenes. In the attached screenshot notice that the audio wave form does not appear until 15 minutes (exactly?) into the first chapter (I would attach a screenshot of the project immediately after import showing the wave form was initially present but I can only attach 3 files). No audio editing has been done, nor has the volume been adjusted in any way. Likewise, note that the audio is also missing from the last scene.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the audio has been eliminated from the scenes or how I can work around the problem?>
This is happening with PD14. I see that others have reported this error (although the last report was 4 years ago, I think). I was attempting to burn to an .iso file, NOT directly to a disk. This is a very large set of files intended to go to a Blu Ray disk- about 15 videos amounting to about 20 Gb. I have previously had not trouble using PD14 to create ISO files I assume that this is related to one of the input files but I don't know of any way to even determine which file was being rendered when the error occurred. I would appreciate any ideas as to how to narrow the problem down to better determine what PD was working on when it aborted.
I assume that you mean a PDS file. And, No, that is NOT what is happening. I know that should be true and normally is except in the circumstances that I have described. The only thing that is in the time line after re-opening is the video file that was previously produced (in this case a .m2ts file). None of the videos or slides that were previously in the time line are there. They have ALL been lost. As I previously indicated, I believe that this (sometimes?) occurs when the project (.PDS) file is saved AFTER the video has been produced.
I am saying that if I create a video, produce it, save the project and close PD, the next time that I open the project, everything in the time line has been replaced by the file that was produced. The original timeline material is gone.
It has happened to me several times. When it happens, it is pretty much of a disaster-- you lose all of the work that you put in to create the video. The option proposed by borgus1 is a good one. By saving multiple backups you at least have something to go back to. But I would still like to know what causes this to happen. Is it a bug in PD? Is it something that I am doing wrong?
Yes. I mean that the edited timeline contents are completely replaced by the output file that was produced. There is no possibility of making any further edits and producing again.
When I produce projects and save the project after producing (sometimes?) the project editing details are ALL lost and replaced with just the single file that was produced. There is no warning that this will happen. To avoid this, I always try save the project BEFORE producing and NEVER after producing. Occasionally I forget and save after producing and lose all of the information that went into making the the project. Is this the way that PD is supposed to work? Is there any way to prevent this from happening other than never saving after producing?
The problem occurs even if the photos are opened directly in PhotoNow (PD not involved).

Here is a photo that displays properly in Windows and other programs but does not display properly in PhotoNow or in PD9.
Photos (JPEGS) which have been rotated via other software do not display properly in either Power Director or in PhotoNow.

I have projects which were created in Power Director 8. When these projects are opened in PD9, some photos are improperly displayed (rotated 90 degrees). These photos display properly in Windows and in all standard Windows tools such as Windows Paint and Windows Photo Viewer and other tools such as ACDSEE fotoCanvas. They displayed properly in PD8. They do NOT display properly in Power Director 9.

The photos are also improperly displayed when opened in PhotoNow (the one shipped with PD9).
Go to: