Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hola Kevin. Being the technological moron that I am, I have no idea what "one being progressive and the other being interlaced " means hehe. The film I was making was using film of a squash tournament that I took with both my camcorder and my digital camera. I never considered that using both in a project could be problematic. Anyways, I will do the H.264 AVC search thing to see if there is anything in the forums that pertains to my situation.

Thx for taking the time to reply

Thx for the reply Carl. I didn't edit it with the camera still connected though. I've had the original file on my computer for some time before I started my project. I fixed up the project by publishing what I had and redoing the sections that were blacked out and re-inserting them in the right spots but it's still wierd that it happened at all. I'll have to look for that in the future to see if it happens again. Like I said thx for the reply though
Hola all. Just came across some strange behaviour and was wondering if anyone might know why its happening. I had video that i took from a camcorder that I put into a film and it seemed to show up just fine. I continued the project but when I looked back at what I had already done I noticed that the video that I had previously placed on the timeline was all black. I played the section that was black and I heard the sound from the video clip and saw the text that I placed over it but no picture. The original video that I imported in was never moved out of the media room and is still there. I've noticed that this has happened in a few sections of the film I'm making (video turning to black screen with the sound still working). Does anyone know why this is happening? The type of video as listed in the media room is H.264 AVC. Thx for any help or suggestions. Have a good day all.
Ah thx mate, another little detail that I didn't notice in PD
Hola all just a quick question. I was wondering if you could isolate sound from a video clip and save it. I have a piece of video that has good sound (music) and I would like to save the music alone. Is this doable. Thx for any and all replies. Have a good day all

Ah yes found it, thx a bunch for the info
Ah ok thx for the reply. It would have been nice but cest la vie
Just a quick question. In pd8 you can rotate an object initially when you set it on a motion path but if you chage the rotation of the object later in its motion, it changes the rotation for the ENTIRE motion. I was wondering if pd9 allows you to change the rotation of an object as it goes along its motion path without changeing the rotation for the entire motion path. This would allow for more animation type possibilities. Just wondering. Have a good day all
I was just wondering if there is a way to change the default folders for pictures that you get when you freeze frame and sound clips you get when you do voice over recordings. My pictures and sounds bites are being automatically put into my documents file. Can this be changed? Just wondering. Thx for any help and have a good day
Thx for the reply Barry. I tried out mpeg-2 and it produced a much more manageable file size while suiting my needs. I'll experiment a bit with producing films in other formats as well. I guess the main rule is NOT AVI hehe (although it does look bloody sharp once its produced )
Hello all. I've been having issues with my old video editing program, and have been looking for a new one for the last couple of days. I've been trying out the PD trial version and have enjoyed working with it so I purchased the full version today. I've just finished a 33 minute video of a recent squash tournament at my gym and put it through production. The problem is that the file size after production was HUGE (35.6 GB!!). The profile type was Windows AVI, and the profile name/quality was AVI high quality profile. I know that the settings in the production room affect the size of the file you eventually produce so I'm interested in some advice from the community on settings recomendations so that my produced files are of a reasonable length. I want files that i can play on my computer (with windows media player), that are small enough so that I can put it on USB sticks and pass my projects along to friends and that I can upload to youtube eventually (Yes i know there is a 10-minute limit. I plan to cut up the finished movie once its produced so I will have multiple film clips under the 10 minute limit). Any tips on getting reasonable file sizes would be appreciated.
p.s. I know how to navigate through an editing program ok but I am not familiar at all with all the different format types and details. I'm not exactly the most computer savvy guy

Anyways thx again for any help and have a good day all

Go to: