Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 14 and Windows 10
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I am having difficulties burning a dvd to the correct shape of 16/9 or standard ... the result is a side squash making eg folk nice and slim! PD 14 is tested compatible with Windows 10.

Checked all settings in Edit and Burning and they seem to be correct. Settings in DVD Player are also correct. What else should I check?

It is a while since I have used the forum ... where can I find my prior topics?

Thanks Ron

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2020 05:30

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am having difficulties burning a dvd to the correct shape of 16/9 or standard ... the result is a side squash making eg folk nice and slim! PD 14 is tested compatible with Windows 10.

Checked all settings in Edit and Burning and they seem to be correct. Settings in DVD Player are also correct. What else should I check?

It is a while since I have used the forum ... where can I find my prior topics?

Thanks Ron

Last question first. Double Click on your avatar (square picture) on the left side of your post to see a listing of all your messages and topics posted. See this one: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42907.page . Five years is a long time to start your next DVD project.

See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63543.page . On the Edit page move the Timeline slider to where people show on the preview screen and take a full screen snapshot.

Go to the Create Disc/2D Disc page and take a full screen snapshot. Attach the two snapshots on your next reply. Some one can then determine what needs to be done in PD14.
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for helping my ageing grey matter rearrange its connectors ... I was sure that I had raised this burn issue some years prior on an earlier PD spoftware but didn't know where.

Since you posted I have a solution. If I burn to a file from the Timeline I can then select the TS file and burn successfully using another supplier burning software. No distortion. Somehow the Cyberlink Burn to Disc is causing the image distortion which I solved last time with the then available Windows DVD Burner on Windows 7 ... not available on Windows 10.

Since this issue also occurred in my previous PD11 software I can only assume that there is some incompatablity. The pc I am now using is also not the same one as I used with PD 11.

When I get the opportunity I may test the Cyberlink dvd burner software again, burning from file instead of from the produced mp4 video or from the timeline.

Thanks for the memory awakening.

More searching ... I have just found this:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78420.page

Maybe the stretching/shrinking is a factor of not using a Menu ... I will try to also check this out again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2020 10:28

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"