Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Settings for DVD burning
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD 14 on Windows 10 I burn a DVD using Cyberlink Burn from a Produced .mpg video Edited & Produced in 4:3 format. The result on a 16:9 TV is that the video is stretched top/bottom. The .mpg video plays correctly on the pc. No settings have been altered on the Panasonic BlueRay Player and other dvd's are correctly sized.

I recall this problem occurring before but cannot find my notes about settings ... sorry, its some time since I used the programme. I have searched for specific comment but without success. Should I burn the 4:3 .mpg in 16.9 to obtain the correct shape? Or given it is a Panasonic DVD Player then perhaps I should use AVCHD Produce and burn this ... I recall that Panasonic can accept AVCHD.

Bit confused and hope someone can straighten me out.
Thanks Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have burned discs both as 4:3 and as 4:3 in a 16:9 frame, permanently creating pillar boxes. I prefer 4:3 au natural.
If the TV does not recognise it as expected you have to use the TV clicker/remote to alter the viewing aspect. I don't think it's a PD issue, it's a TV issue. I will happily allow myself to be corrected but I believe I am right. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have burned discs both as 4:3 and as 4:3 in a 16:9 frame, permanently creating pillar boxes. I prefer 4:3 au natural.
If the TV does not recognise it as expected you have to use the TV clicker/remote to alter the viewing aspect. I don't think it's a PD issue, it's a TV issue. I will happily allow myself to be corrected but I believe I am right.

Thanks Barry ... I will use up some more discs to see if I can solve it. Strange really because all of my past DVD's have played correctly, though I seem to recall about a year ago I had difficulty after I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ut that might have been a compatibility issue with PD14/W10 at that time. CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to Create Disc/2D Disc and post a screenshot of the full page. It is possible that someone may see a change in setting that may help since you said that “Strange really because all of my past DVD's have played correctly”.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Get some dvdrw and save your money. Just get a 5 pack and take care of them. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
RonH
[Post New]
Quote Go to Create Disc/2D Disc and post a screenshot of the full page. It is possible that someone may see a change in setting that may help since you said that “Strange really because all of my past DVD's have played correctly”.

In between posts I have solved it! My initial attempts had Burn Settings with no Menu preference and, for reasons that I cannot fathom out, wrong scaling occurred. My last test settings included a Menu Preference (Travel) and scale at 16:9 (for the 4;3 Edit) and was OK. I am shortly going to change my early generation i7 laptop with a current i7 version and will revisit this issue to see if it was perhaps some 'clash' between a W7/W10 upgrade and PD14.

Thanks to both of you for taking time out to assist. Much appreciated. CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)