Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Automatic seperation by scene during capture?
SteveJ2013 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2009 14:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am currently a user of the Pinnacle 12 editing software. Thought I would take a look at the CyberLink product. I've downloaded the 7.0 trial version. Two questions using the CL software:

While capturing the contents of an HD tape (from a Canon HV20 camera), the scenes do not seperate automatically by scene content. Is this possible? Where can it be set?

The capturing is not smooth - experiencing sound pops and occasional video breakup, both during capture and upon playback of the clip. Video plays fine in the camera. Also captues and plays fine with the Pinnacle software. Are there adjustments available to correct this situation?

Thanks

Steve J.
Largo, Florida
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve -

You can set this in PD's preferences... Director's Chair > Edit > Preferences > Capture... choose the option that suits you.

I think it depends what profile you used for recording...

Does this help? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4452.page

Cheers -

Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 does not divide clips from the HV series.
I use HDVSplit, an excellent sub-program.
The upcoming PD8 may have this ability, but I have not yet tested the beta.
Posssibly in the next few days I'll see if it works. Then post.
The video world is gonna love PD8. It's similar to 7 in appearance, but really packs a punch with a few new tricks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 28. 2009 21:48

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not during capture for HDV but you can try:
Open PD7
Place captured HDV video into Media Library
Right Click on the video and select Detect Scenes
Next use the Scene Detection window and adjust as needed.

Jeff

Cat.Man
Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,in Preferences/Capture exist function detect scene and save,but function whit interruption,flounders,heavy.My use Windows 7.Influence this look?Influence Windows 7 function correct Power Director 7?
Thank's. God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!