Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Atmos
[Post New]
Quote: You're wrong again. I've tested it just now to make sure.
It's outputting 24bit 48khz 8 channel.
Just right click and show information.
I'll take a screen shot if you want!
Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 6219Kbps
Output: LPCM 48KHZ/24bits 8 Channels
Then either your device indeed has a secure audio path, and then congratulations, or you are not telling the truth in order to not be wrong on the Internet. There's no other option.

Quote: And yes it's coming out of all 8 speakers and I have no hacks running!
I never said you couldn't get 8 channel sound even on a non-secure audio path. I just talked about HD sound. Don't you know the difference as an expert?

Quote: That's more of your 'facts' debunked!
Not my facts, kid. Cyberlink's fact. See the link I posted earlier in the thread. They are FORCED to do that as per official Blu-Ray regulations.

Quote: READ THIS: It even explains how to set it up!
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=15698&prodId=1
Looks like they added support in PowerDVD 13
This has nothing to do with what we were talking about concerning secure audio paths, and exists since at least PDVD 10. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
Billy7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 27, 2014 17:49 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
There you go!
Notice the RME in the bottom of the informer software.
http://i61.tinypic.com/24or9qd.jpg
Look at this post from over 4 years ago. Looks like they added it in version 13 like I said,
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2062885
I said all 7.1 speakers are working if what you said was true I would only have 16bit 5.1!
I know it's hard to believe that you were wrong about this but I hope this post clarifies everything for you.
So now we've cleared that up any updates on atmos?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 03. 2014 07:23

Haswell 4770k watercooled @4.6 ghz. 16GB RAM,
Nvidia 980TI GTX, Marantz AV7702mk2, Apogee Duet, 3x Adam A77X, 4x Mackie MR5's, 4X Mackie CR4
Panasonic PT-AT6000e projector, 120" fixed projector screen, Panasonic ST30 50" TV.
[Post New]
I am not wrong because it happened to several people including me, and, let me spell it for you in big letters so you don't miss it, IS CONFIRMED BY CYBERLINK (Michael). Your sound device must have a driver with a secure audio path (lucky! don't change a thing!), or maybe the display of PDVD is wrong/bugged actually.

But whatever, believe what you want, no point in arguing with someone who keeps on saying the black cow in the field is white.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2014 10:39

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
memeiriver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2014 11:12 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
But whatever, believe what you want, no point in arguing with someone who keeps on saying the black cow in the field is white.

Our Dutch cows are both: either black with white spots, or white with black spots.

Anyway, like I said. what PowerDVD is displaying means as good as nothing. I highly doubt PDVD waits for feedback from your soundcard, to see whether a safe path was established (such handshake will be made, if applicable, between your HDMI audio card and your amp). Tl;dr: PDVD is not the final amp, so take everything it says with a big grain of salt.
Billy7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Korrigan, I know you think I'm out on a trolling mission or something but I'm just here for info about atmos.
I truley hope my setup is playing a DTS MA stream, and it seems that way, but I guess I'll never know for sure!
It sounds good anyway! Anything above 48khz (44khz for that matter) is pointless for playback anyway, only really worth it when editing audio and recording but the extra dynamic range of 24 bit might be very slightly noticeable on a perfect setup in a perfect room whilst A/Bing but it's not the difference everyone thinks they are getting!
I might argue my point but at least I can admit when I've got something wrong, (like the space atmos takes up on bluray) I guess it takes character to do that.
Memeiriver, powerdvd is not the last amp but it is the last decoder. Everything after that is just a wav that is converted to analogue by the RME.
I noticed that powerdvd dts MA audio setup guide only has the HDMI method in powerdvd 12 FAQ, but it has the analogue output method (as well as the HDMI method) in the FAQ for powerdvd 13 and 14.
Anyway, whoever wants a decent audio setup without an amp/decoder should look at the RME stuff, especially with the ADAT output for more outputs for atmos.
It sounds better and is future proof.
Now just need to save up for my Adam s3x speakers and the Dbox actuators for my Dbox ready chair!
Does powerDvd support motion code for Dbox chairs BTW?
Let's not get catty, I think everyone is learning a lot from this thread, I know I am!

Nvidia 980TI GTX, Marantz AV7702mk2, Apogee Duet, 3x Adam A77X, 4x Mackie MR5's, 4X Mackie CR4
Panasonic PT-AT6000e projector, 120" fixed projector screen, Panasonic ST30 50" TV.
memeiriver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2014 11:12 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Memeiriver, powerdvd is not the last amp but it is the last decoder. Everything after that is just a wav that is converted to analogue by the RME.

All I know is, that my main PC (not my media center) just uses DVI (on a 1920x1200) monitor. PowerDVD is still telling me it's outputting 24-bit audio, which I doubt, as my audio card is just a simple Audigy (with no HDMI).
Billy7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Why wouldn't it work? All digital sound has to get converted to analogue at some stage.
I love how people think HDMI is some magical 24 bit sound cable.
HDMI has crippled standards for years. Especially 3D gaming where you can only have 720p resolution for 60hz.
I hope powerdvd does Dolby atmos decoding to analogue. It's in their interests to as they would make a hell of a lot of money from people ditching their standalone bluray players and decoders in order to get more outputs and better quality DACS with better reliability for less money!
They'd be stupid not to!
Anyway my trial is almost up and still no word on atmos. Hell i don't even know if i'm getting DTS HD decoding properly!
Why the hell would I buy this software if it didn't do that?!?
Maybe 3D bluray playback but I still have to use a 6 month old nvidia driver as 3D is broken otherwise.
It's not exactly the pro software I was expecting and the forums are full of misinformation, not one cyberlink employee has commented to set the record straight, and my question I sent to customer support about atmos has had no reply!
Says a lot about cyberlink customer service!
Maybe I'll see if I can get a trial from some of powerdvd's competitors before I make my decision!
So far I am not impressed! Haswell 4770k watercooled @4.6 ghz. 16GB RAM,
Billy7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Has there been any updates to enable atmos yet or are they chicken feeding it out to make people pony up for the new version?
If not it is Lame as I would have bought it.
I'll just get a dolby atmos enabled preamp instead of waiting another 1/4 of a year for the functions I need today.
Billy7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any updates yet?
The list of bluray movies using dolby atmos is growing fast!
http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/bluray-and-streaming.html
This thread is 9 months old and still no news?
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2015 21:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey i have got a onkyo 636 that support dolby atmos cant i use powerdvd with it so i can hear the dolby atmos?
Billy7 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Powerdvd 15 is out.
Does it support atmos decoding? Been waiting 9+ months and can't find any info on it.