Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
2bytes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2016 15:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, writing here after several attempts with cyberlink support. I've been trying to produce a video, all clips used in a video are shot with the format attached (screen 4). Video is compiled from approx 5 files one if which is about 9 gb. In total overall video its about 40 mins long. My laptop is relatively powerful, core i7, 16Gb RAM, Gforce, SSD, Win10) I have latest buit PD 14 Ultimate 14.0.2302.0

During production I've been choosing H264, 265 Codecs, different quality outputs. PD starts producing but about the half way through windows crashing (blue screen) with a message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, and laptop reboots What can be the problem?

Btw after several attempts I was able to compile this video with a direct vimeo upload option (wmv format)

But I need much better quality than that for offline purposes

Thanx in advance
[Thumb - screen4.png]
 Filename
screen4.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
836 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46868.page

Jeff
2bytes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanx for the hint, in case someone is interested and you are on gforce 850/win10, here is the full story + link to hotfix

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/904988/geforce-drivers/kernel-security-check-failure/8/
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]

This morning I followed tech-support directions and downloaded the version 359.00 of the Nvidia a graphics card, so far so good. 

There directions are on the link above mine in that post. Best of luck to you! 

2bytes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Do you mean you rolled back? The one which is crashing is 361.43

And hotfix is 361.60

I've just installed it and compiled a video, so seems to be working ok for far as well

Quote:

This morning I followed tech-support directions and downloaded the version 359.00 of the Nvidia a graphics card, so far so good.

There directions are on the link above mine in that post. Best of luck to you!

Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes - I did a rollback.

This is after I waited a full week for a higher teir of tech support from Cyberlink suggested I do so, they saw the specs on my new Dell Laptop, here is what they said:

Dear Jarred,

Thank you for writing us back.In regards to your issue, I would like to inform you that the issue is suspected to be caused by nVidia VGA driver v361.43. I Suggest you to visit nVidia website and download the VGA driver v359.00 and uninstall nVidia VGA driver from Windows Device Manager and reinstall VGA driver v359.00. After installation of the driver, Goto Control Panel-->click on Uninstall a Program-->Select Geforce Experience-->Click on Uninstall.

So -- here is the site I went to this morning per their suggestion:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/95561/en-us

That is directly from the Nvidia site too.

So Far.....So Good. Fingers crossed!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2016 16:25

Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
...according to their techs, v361.43 is causing the crash, yes.