Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Grabbing a Single Full Resolution Frame from 4k Video in PD14
CLPDUser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2015 19:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

It appears that the Snapshot function in PD13 cannot grab a full resolution (about 8MP) single frame from a 4k video.

The setting in Preferences-->File only says it tries to do the best but the JPeg image from Snapshot is really low resolution.

This is going to be a make-or-break decision for me in considering upgrading to PD14.

Does anyone know if PD14 can do that? Or maybe there is a different way of doing it?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

TIA.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

It appears that the Snapshot function in PD13 cannot grab a full resolution (about 8MP) single frame from a 4k video.

The setting in Preferences-->File only says it tries to do the best but the JPeg image from Snapshot is really low resolution.

This is going to be a make-or-break decision for me in considering upgrading to PD14.

Does anyone know if PD14 can do that? Or maybe there is a different way of doing it?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

TIA.

This thread may help http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42972.page#221841 PD13 can create a full res snapshot, my experience it depends on a few conditions that were outlined here.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CLPDuser -

Just to add a little to what Jeff has indicated, the same thing occurs in PDR14 (if that's relevant to you) as I posted here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42972.page#221902

Can't explain it at all.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!