Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Source Error - Error Code 3
Xavior Penguin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2015 01:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10166 ... On the Fast Ring

QuickTime: Updated from default install of PD13 of 7.7.4, now is at 7.7.6 from Manual Update from QuickTime Settings in the Control Panel, could not download 7.7.7 from QuickTime's Website and get it to run.

PowerDirector Version: 13.0.2907.1

Machine: ASUS N56VZ

Graphics: Dual...NVidia GeForce GT 650M and Intel HD 4000

Problem: When I try to render a video, after about a minute to three minutes, it will crash and give the errors that you should see in the attachments. However, with the video in the RAR file, that rendered just fine. None of my other videos will render correctly at all and they used a different codec...Lagrith Lossless Codec.

Possible Solutions: I have tried editing the registry (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/39642.page#204880 and http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/39642.page#214534 ), disabling HW Acceleration in PD13 (OpenCL and Hardware Decoding), disabling Fast Video Rendering in the Produce screen, updating Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 10166, Updating NVidia Drivers, Updating QuickTime. All of this is on a brand new install and everything is new. Recently reformatted my machine to put the new Insider Preview on my machine. I even set PD13 to run with the NVidia video card and not the Intel HD4000 Card. When using that, the error pops up faster. I have also tried different profiles to render to whether it is AVI or WMV or a different MP4 setting or even a custom one.

Attachments: DXDiag, Error Screenshot, Error.txt file from saving in the PD13 window, Timeline Layout, RAR File of 17 second video with game audio, my audio, video from game, and save file of PD13.

Codec Used: UtVideo YUV420 BT.709 VCM

Recording Program: Dxtory 2.0.130

Windows Updates: None at this time

Files: RAR File (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B69lvZytj0ipRmNOVDV5RmJDNnM/view?usp=sharing)
[Thumb - Capture2.PNG]
 Filename
Capture2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
PD13 Error
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
153 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag
 Filesize
89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
238 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture3.PNG]
 Filename
Capture3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline Layout
 Filesize
236 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
153 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 14. 2015 01:57

Xavior Penguin [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the Error.txt file that PD13 let me save from its Dialog Box.

If anybody has any info that could possibly help, please let me know.
 Filename
error.txt
[Disk]
 Description
PD13 Error txt File
 Filesize
404 bytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)
[Post New]
Here your project works perfectly, saving in H264-AVC or MP4 1280x720 - 60P also in 1920x1080 60P

Maybe you need to install Encoder / Decoder package.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 14. 2015 12:43

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Windows 10 !
Bladekitten error
Quicktime error
RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
and more !

Take a look at the error messages at the end of the dxdiag file.

Does Windows 10 have an event viewer? If so look there also for error on your computer. Contact Windows for help.
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Xavior Penguin [Avatar]
[Post New]
@stevek

This part:

is what I am looking at and am concerned with. I am away from my laptop at the moment so there isn't too much I can do right now. Later on tonight, I will be able to try things.

The other messages I have an idea like for the Contrast Game as well as Blade Kitten as I kinda caused those games to crash, thus it is in the Windows Error Reporting Tool. I will take a deeper look into the tool to see what is going on and see if there is any other information I can grab for you. For the moment, I don't think that the solution of "Contact Windows for help." is what is needed right now as I personally think that PD13 is not quite ready for Windows 10. That is just my opinion.

I have installed all the updates I can for Windows 10 as well as PD13 and even the codec for QuickTime updated and the codecs that were used for creating the video files I have that worked just fine in Windows 8.1.

@PlaySound
I installed PD13 Ultra from here. If there is an encoder/decoder package with it, cool. If not, I shouldn't have to download a third party encoder/decoder package just to do what this already did when I was on Windows 8.1. Yes, the demo file I have will render and process correctly as it is a smaller file. The files I am using are in upwards from 20 to 50GB in size, resolution of 1280x720x60p, around 20 to 40 minutes long, and were working just fine in Windows 8.1 with the same codecs I used to record the gameplay footage and same install of PD13, well, the same version number.
Xavior Penguin [Avatar]
[Post New]
For further information...Windows 10 has upgraded to TH1 Build 10240.

I tried again and still, it will not render giving me the same error as before.

I did uninstall and attempt to remove all traces of PD13, proDAD, WaveSound, SoundAudio, anything that PD13 Ultra installed, I removed it. Let it reboot. Reinstalled. Same error.

I even set the compatibility mode to Windows 8 and still the issue persists.

I do have a queston tho, hopefully it can get asked here. I use the H.264 AVC Codec with the container of MP4 to render my videos...what group creates that and would they have a download of it so I can install maybe a newer version of it on my OS?

If I don't get help soon, I may have to jump ship to a different program and I really, really don't want to. I even created a support ticket with a link back to here and nobody has contacted me.

Attached is a new dxdiag.txt file. I cleared out the log files and reran and attempted to reproduce a render (only to fail) and then ran dxdiag again to see if errors popped up. They did not and neither did the errors in the Windows Error Reporting Tool or even the Event Viewer.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
338 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
My opinion: Change your video capture settings to a PDR sympathetic set up*. Lagarith is an old codec, the only avi that's 64bit applicable (as far as I remember), use mp4, alter the bitrate, alter the audio bitrate. Often the cause is the user selecting OTT settings (gamer/screen capture*) and this throws out the video editor.
I couldn't get the rar file - attach files please and not use a third party access. Please attach the MediaInfo of the avi and let members have a look at the details.
Guide, Part J: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page

* Seen errors like this before from enthusiastic gamers/screen capture where the options on the capture program are maxed or tweaked out of the norm... PDR likes the "norm".

Dafydd
Xavior Penguin [Avatar]
[Post New]
This only started happening when I moved to Windows 10. Nothing else changed. I see no point in changing video capture when it worked before on Windows 8.1 and the only difference at this point in time is the OS...

I will attempt to try it tho I don't see this working either.
Xavior Penguin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah...after careful consideration, I won't be doing those recommendations. I went out and purchased Adobe Premiere Pro CC and that rendered my video just fine and had no issues and even after it rendered, it rendered as it was supposed to on the new video as well as older recordings. There is something going on with PD13 and Windows 10. Hopefully Cyberlink can resolve this when Windows 10 comes out officially on July 29th. My apologies for my attitude toward this.

Thank you all for the suggestions and what help you all tried to do.