Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Having issues uploading videos to youtube
Neox255 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jun 06, 2015 08:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

having issues with uploading videos to youtube. I am curently running cyberlink powerdirector ultra 13. build 13.0.2408.0

I already linked my youtube account with google + many months ago and have uploaded videos from powerdirector ultra 13 to youtube with no issues.

Everytime i go to upload a video in the past few days it keeps coming with a message saying "your youtube account is not linked into google".

Can anyone help or have any tips for how i can sort this? as this is driving me nuts

Kind Regards

Neox

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 06. 2015 08:58

philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Having the same problem with mine PD12 although I have a feeling it's always been like that although I definitely have linked accounts. Posted similar question on PD12 forum this morning.

Thanks
Phil
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neox255 & philwizzer123 -

The issue has come up quite a lot lately in these forums, but it's certainly not restricted to PDR users. It's all over the place. Just "google" your error message...

Othere related threads - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44047.page & http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44052.page (philwizzer's thread)

So - it must be related to the way the PDR/YT interface works to connect to Google/YouTube. This was a monster created by Google in 2009, where Google & YouTube accounts had to be linked... just putting aside Googl+ for a moment.

I don't know what the solution is. There are many suggestions & fixes posted in YT/Google help files, forums & blogs. One thing for sure - there's no way to fix it from within PDR!

If you ignore this guy's antics, there is some useful information here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Eq93Th-m4

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
sludgeguts [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2011 20:24 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
So - it must be related to the way the PDR/YT interface works to connect to Google/YouTube. This was a monster created by Google in 2009, where Google & YouTube accounts had to be linked...Cheers - Tony

And yet, there's many of us reporting the identical problem as only happening in the last couple of days. A search on here brings up 11 results - all happening in last few days & all working perfectly a few days ago.

Although I bought a copy of PD12, my new 'puter (running Win 8.1) came with PD12 & I've been using it to upload vids successfully since February.

My last successful upload was 31st May. A couple of days later & suddenly there's a problem!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2015 18:40

in4sit [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2015 14:21 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, its very strange that all this has just started happening in the last few days.. Just going to uninstall and use another program that will work.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

And yet, there's many of us reporting the identical problem as only happening in the last couple of days.

Something may have changed recently, but it has been an issue for years. Have you tried the latest update? I don't know if it's fixed, but you are a few updates behind. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2015 20:27 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue with PD11. Can't upload to YouTube.
Peter Ilyk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 18, 2011 07:15 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
So - it must be related to the way the PDR/YT interface works to connect to Google/YouTube. This was a monster created by Google in 2009, where Google & YouTube accounts had to be linked...Cheers - Tony

And yet, there's many of us reporting the identical problem as only happening in the last couple of days. A search on here brings up 11 results - all happening in last few days & all working perfectly a few days ago.

Although I bought a copy of PD12, my new 'puter (running Win 8.1) came with PD12 & I've been using it to upload vids successfully since February.

My last successful upload was 31st May. A couple of days later & suddenly there's a problem!

That's correct for me as well. Had no problem with uploading to YouTube with PD until 3 June. After that date I can no longer upload and just get a message that says "Your Google account is not linked to a YouTube account. Go to YouTube and try to upload a video to cerate a YouTube account". This is clearly nonsense as ifmy accounts weren't linked then I could not have been able to successfully upload video to YouTube before 3 June. But I could and had no problems. And when I go to my Google account it says that Cyberlink is authorised to manage my YouTube account and my YouTube videos. And I have no problem upload to YouTube from Corel VideoStudio X8 (at least not yet!). But the same thing happened with MovieMaker. Whereas previously I had no problems uploading direct from MovieMaker -now I can't. So there is clearly a communication problem between these programns and YouTube/Google. Peter Ilyk
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've spent a number of hours trying to resolve this but without success so for the moment I'm just giving up. Frustrating though!
gasayers [Avatar]
Newbie Location: new zealand Joined: Feb 16, 2014 16:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here. Only started in the last couple of days.
sludgeguts [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2011 20:24 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

And yet, there's many of us reporting the identical problem as only happening in the last couple of days.

Something may have changed recently, but it has been an issue for years. Have you tried the latest update? I don't know if it's fixed, but you are a few updates behind.

A FEW?!?!

Again, a fault with PD software then? Checked my settings and it's set to automatically check for updates.

However, when I look for updates for PD12, all I see on here is a download dated 3rd December 2014
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Stupid thing is that I've just downloaded photodirector6 as part of the PD13 upgrade and it's allowed me to upload a slide show without any problem!!
Conner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2015 15:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I spent 2 hours downloading PD13 yesterday, went through all of the updates and am having the exact same issue. The other problem is, I cannot go directly to youtube and upload a video because the PDS file is not supported. So far I have not been able to find a way to change the PD13 file type to anything that any other video player or youtube will read. I am starting to think I have completely wasted my money with this program..... and with all of these complaints in the forum, where the heck is the support from CyberLink?
Saulius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2015 15:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So has anyone managed to find a solution to the problem?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I cannot go directly to youtube and upload a video because the PDS file is not supported.

The .pds file is a PDR project, not a video. YouTube likes videos! laughing You need to produce your project to MPEG-4 or some other video format to upload to YouTube.

Folks with the issue - I don't know what the solution is, I'm sorry. I've done a few test uploads through PDR & it's all working properly here. Because of that, it's hard to try to work through a possible solution. BUT - absolutely - there's an issue with the PDR/YT interface.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I spent 2 hours downloading PD13 yesterday, went through all of the updates and am having the exact same issue. The other problem is, I cannot go directly to youtube and upload a video because the PDS file is not supported. So far I have not been able to find a way to change the PD13 file type to anything that any other video player or youtube will read. I am starting to think I have completely wasted my money with this program..... and with all of these complaints in the forum, where the heck is the support from CyberLink?

No the PDS file is not the video - you have to produce this in an appropriate format e.g. mpeg4 which you then upload to youtube or keep on you pc etc.

I've been using PD for a couple of years now and really think it's a good video editor so give it time if you're new. The uploading direct to youtube (it is still of course possible to do it indirect) is a specific problem.
Neox255 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jun 06, 2015 08:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
thanks for the feedback ynotfish. Just surprised why no one from cyberlink has got to the bottom of this yet ??

Quote: I've spent a number of hours trying to resolve this but without success so for the moment I'm just giving up. Frustrating though!

Indeed Phil very frustrating- i spent plenty of hours over the past few days trawling thru the net looking for a solution but i hit a complete brick wall. So i gave up and went down the other route of uploading them to youtube directly from my cyberlink folder on my :C drive.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 07. 2015 17:48

Peter Ilyk [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just received a response from YouTube which says: "Yes, Google retired several APIs in the past couple of months that might be part of the problem, including the YouTube Data API.

It's likely CyberLink needs to update their software." Peter Ilyk
in4sit [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2015 14:21 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Well that would explain why they are not saying a word then.. would be nice if they would say.. yes its or error and we are working om a fix.. hell something..
Peter Ilyk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes indeed. I've just contacted Cyberlink technical support and asked them if they are going to address this API problem. Let's see what the response is. Peter Ilyk