Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframes on Rotation ?
[Post New]
I know that I can use Power Tools to rotate a video to any degree desired.

But, I would like to be able to rotate on keyframes. I don't see a way to do that, but possibly I'm wrong.

I would like to rotate a video segment, with it visibly rotating 90 degrees at the timing I desire.

I've searched but not found anything.

Thanks,

Clark
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Clark

It's easy to do, and here's a video showing you the steps:

EDIT YT is having problems processing, so in the mean time you can try out the rotation keyframes which are actually found in the Modify window, not Power Tools

EDIT #2 Here's a direct *link* to the video in my OneDrive folder.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 11. 2015 14:56

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Two sheep were standing on a hillside. One said "Baaa--aa--aaa." The other said, "Damn! I was going to say that."

Optodata has beaten me to the punch, but I'll post this anyway.

Select the video/image to be rotated & click Keyframe > Clip Attributes. There you can set rotation keyframes and do as you wish. In the attached screenshot, you'll see the rotation keyframes set to 0... 0... -90... -90 The numbers set indicate the angle you want the object to sit at, rather than the degree of rotation.

Here are two other tutorials that show the process in detail: Rotation Control and Rotation Control

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Rotation Keyframes.png]
 Filename
Rotation Keyframes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
321 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I was looking over my shoulder to see if Tony or another member was going to post before I had finished my screen capture, but this time it's YouTube that dropped the ball.

The good news is that you have a couple ways to do what you're looking for. Tony's method gives you exact control over the rotation, while my approach might be a little easier if you only need to rotate in 90° increments (PD has "stops" at those points when you're dragging the frame around).

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]
Hey, I really appreciate the great feedback from both of you.

I may experiment with both methods to see which works better for me.

Thanks again,

Clark
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Clark -

I started playing with optodata's suggestion posted above & realised that - even thoughit's a much more straightforward approach - it can still give you the same control over rotation & other clip attributes. This is a bit similar to another enlightening moment provided by forum member, Kevin64 - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42162.page

Using the method shown in this little toot, you can do any kind of rotation & motion without going near the Motion tab in PiP Designer or the Keyframe > Clip Attributes module.

At first I thought it was a variation on optodata's method, but soon realised it was pretty much the same... so referring to it as "optofish" is a misnomer "embarassed"

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
Wow, what a thorough, detailed and clear explanation! Excellent job, Sir Ynot

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2015 15:31

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Great tutorial video, Tony !!!

Thanks again for all the help from optodata and ynotfish.