Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP Motion without Motion (tab)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All -

After Kevinv64's post - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/30026.page#217092 - I had a bit of a play with how much you could actually do with motion in PiP Designer... without even going near the Motion tab!

I've been using PiP Designer all this time & it just never occurred to me not to set motion under the Motion tab. Well - there's a lot you can do! Scale, position, rotation & freeform keyframes can be set with similar flexibility as doing it under the Motion tab.

So - thanks to Kevin's observation I'm rethinking how I go about things in PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

I have done this so many times ( in 11,12,13) because I tend to forget clicking Motion tab while working.
For the most part it has worked ok, but then suddenly it hasn't. No patterns, really- just PD's mood of the day.
My guess is that when it hasn't worked, there have been general (other) problems with Modify window.

I have always wondered if the preset motions were left out of Modify, motion keyframes would
be over all more stable. At times I can get surprising results when back in preview - and then again
back in Modify, my keyframes have been altered to something else.
After a couple of times back and forth, I usually close project, open again- and then click custom motion.
Usually, motion keyframes then get more accurate - but not always.

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Well, now you're just making me blush.

Seriously, that's some nice work, as usual.

Kevin