Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photos/Pic wont display in Video Preview
apelectone900 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2014 16:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyoone,

I have just installed and started using Power Director 13. Looks good so far. No problem adding video etc to the timeline. But if I import a photo and insert on the timeline the image doesn't display in the actual video window. Just the resize box outline but the image is just completely black. Tried various (mostly jpg) and nothing and yet if I use one of the preset images already in Power Director shows no problem at all... what am i doing wrong?
apelectone900 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Further to my problem..i note if i do insert one of the preset images and then resize, that disappears too only displaying the resize box...just a blank image
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
I've experienced the same issue you describe in your first post. It hasn't been consistent, more hit or miss.

BarryTheCrab posted one possible workaround. In his words:

The workaround is to go to MODIFY and click FADES, then if you wish unclick it. The image will appear as it should.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2014 09:50

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I also reported a similar issue with the 2229 (beta) patch, though it was ignored - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40938.page#211944

I've not experienced it since reinstalling the current 2307 patch, though (as you & others say) it's quite random. As stated previously, this was also an issue in some pre-release builds. It appeared that opacity keyframes were resetting themselves to 0% without user intervention.

So - it's a lurking problem.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
apelectone900 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response guys! Yep sure enough if I go into the image settings and move/refresh the Opaque value the image displays and works correctly....i have alerted Cyberlink to this problem - whether they'll address it who knows ;
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I also reported a similar issue with the 2229 (beta) patch, though it was ignored - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40938.page#211944

Not ignored, not commented on, yes. A report went to CyberLink on the same day as the post, but there was never any feedback from CyberLink. It was a beta thread and I guess CL were only interested in reading the feedback and the fix would be made for a next release.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2014 05:19

[Post New]
For new project OK, then save and reopen the project I got this error for new images added to the timeline, exactly as described BarryTheCrab. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate