Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT inter-compatibility test with maker/camera file outputs
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rrrr,
Thank you for the video clip. I will add it to the test.

Hi jeff,
Thank you for your comments. You will recall (with PD9) providing some 23 mts video files from your Canon camera. I have been playing with these files in both PD9 and 10. I note that in PD9 these files have full use of SVRT now when previously they did not. The Canon camera you have produced a variable bitrate file that was beyond PD9's SVRT range. I see that has been corrected in a patch, so all the 23 files now benefit from SVRT. Other than a degree of "hosepiping" in the sample files (not a problem but I've watched the videos a lot), the SVRT functioned the same in both PD10 and PD9 with and without a transition being added to the project. I then attempted to replicate the mts set up with video files from an mp4 camera. Whereas your Canon recorded 60i the mp4 were 60p. The SVRT functioned the same in both with slight header delays during the SVRT operation at the start of each clip in the track. The inclusion of a transition did not have any affect on the rest of the clips in the simple test I carried out. I was unable to repeat the test in PD9 for the mp4 files as these files could not use SVRT or in previous builds of PD, prior to 10. During testing I note the hanging display when attempting to view the video after production in Produce. Because it was not the finished file but the data in the tracks and was limited by the graphics card's capability. The final finished file when viewed from the media library in full screen display played without a problem in all cases on my system.

My testing/this thread is about the inter compatibility of SVRT with other cameras with make and models being tested. A fair degree of boredom is involved.

NOT all camera files have the SVRT capability available to them and the tests I'm carrying out will show that as well.

Please Jeff, if you have issues with using SVRT then raise them on another thread as a new topic.

Thank you.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,
Many thanks to members who have provided video files here and in the past.

I will now concentrate on finishing the task and will not require any further file submissions.

thank you all.

Dafydd