Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 7 build 2105 update patch now available
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 00:55 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Will the Nvidia CUDA support for Powerdirector be in the form of an update patch or a new version?

I just purchased PD7 Ultra and would really like to know if it was for not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a patch/update.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you, but what does this mean exactly?
From what I understand... Avivo is a piece of hardware dedicated to one task and one task alone. It is nothing like CUDA

Compute Unified Device Architecture or CUDA lets programmers manipulate the hardware in a GPU.

Instead of having a dedicated piece of hardware to do a single job, (like Ati's Avivo, or Nvidia's PureVideoHD) the Geforce 8 cards and Ati/AMD's Radeon 3*** cards are programmable. Just like regular CPU's.

The Ati/AMD version of CUDA is called CAL, (Compute Abstraction Layer).

Video rendering is a highly parallel function, so GPU's are ideally suited to do it very very fast.
yankeefy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2008 06:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I have a french versio of PD7 Ultra Build 1915.
I found on Cyberlink English site a new patch to build 2105.
When i click "Mise à jour" in PD7...why the program does not propose me to upgrade to this build ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
yankeefy
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
yankeefy: Don't know.

Please contact Customer Support.

Here's the download location again. The link works for me everytime.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2008 13:35

Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 00:55 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Will the Nvidia CUDA support for Powerdirector be in the form of an update patch or a new version?

I just purchased PD7 Ultra and would really like to know if it was for not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a patch/update.

Is anyone in this forum in a position of knowledge to answer my questions. I have posted on three separate threads with not an answer or "I don't know" one.

Is this forum moderated or viewed by official tech support or users only? The questions I ask seem to be veiled in a cloak of mystery...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dave,

I Moderate this forum. I have contacted CyberLink and I have NOT had an answer.

The release I have posted is all that's available. If you wish more then please contact Customer Support directly.

I do not intend to speculate or mislead on this matter - you'll have to wait or enquire through the route I've indicated.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2008 15:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Since installing the update, I cannot add music to the music layer or text to the text layer to existing projects. (I can add them to new projects). I also can no longer preview video clips and photo's from the timeline (I can from the library).

I have PowerDirector Ultra v7.00.2105, on Windows XP SP2. Intel P4 with ATI Mobile Radeon 7500.

Is it possible to uninstall the upgrade as I need to work with my existing projects? Or better yet, is this a known issue with a fix?

Regards,
Anthony.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Sep 30, 2008 02:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi and excuse me if I am in the wrong place.
I am now up to date with all the patches however since getting PD7 I have not been able to use my mike as it starts pulsing and has an echo which can not be deleted. I use my mike on Skype and have even resortes to recording clips in Cool Edit as MP3 but would find it a lot easier if the mike worked properly. to date I have updated all drivers and as the mike works well with other programs are at a loss as to what to do
Thanking you for any help you can offer.
Peter
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,

You are in the wrong post, please start a new thread

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anthony, Please post as a New Topic.

I'm locking this post. The post was intended only to inform about the availability of the latest update, not issues.

Dafydd
[Moderator]