Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble uninstalling PD6 on Vista to Install PD7...HELP!!
Rusch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2008 18:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to remove PD6 from my CPU. The installWizard starts then comes up and reads: 1155 File C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5=9EA9-0050BA... NOT FOUND
Any one have a solution or a suggestion?
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try just installing PD7? Normally is uninstalls the previous program before it installs itself? Or is that what you were doing?
Rusch [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did try to install 7 and that's when I got the message stating file not found. The bad part is that's all it does. I get the error message, click 'OK' and that's it, there are no more options.
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The I would try uninstalling manually. I would start by
Deleting Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector
Then go into registry as noted below

Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete the "PowerDirector" folder

Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete "PowerDirector" folder.

Then I would search anything that said Cyberlink or Power Director (if you have more than one Cyberlink program on there, be careful what you delete) get rid of anything that pertains. I think I heard that PD7 won't open previously saved working files, so you might want to make sure you are done with your projects OR have noted the information about them so that you can copy them again in PD7.

I would then reboot and try to install PD7 after that.

Hope that helps.
Rusch [Avatar]
[Post New]
AWESOME!! The bane of my weekend is gone!!! Thanks for your help. It took some time. I had to remove the {CB9989...} folder from InstallShield Installation Information Folder.

BUT... Now PD7 won't install, it reads:
Error 2711. The Specified Feature name ('Main') not found in Feature table. Argh!!! Any solution to this?
McLean1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It looks like others have had this same issue

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3073.page

When I search on google doesn't seem to be just a PD issue, this is something that can pertain to other programs as well.

If you google that error. I wonder if running your microsoft updates would work. It probably wouldn't hurt. If it doesn't work, the google that error and see if there is anything you can find.

I realize the PD link says that Cyberlink should be able to provide something, but I'm not sure its solely their issue.

Here is another link (looks like it might help)
http://easy-pc-help.com/support/error_2711.html?t202id=231&t202kw=error%202711&gclid=CMK_r_CUmpQCFRTbQAodnlEVtw

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2008 13:18

kinumees [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2008 06:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rusch!

I had same trouble with PD6. I found from Google that REVO Uninstaller
will help and it certainly did. Give it a go its free!
Good luck!
Rusch [Avatar]
[Post New]
PERFECT!!! I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FOR LITERALLY DAYS AND TECH-SUPPORT COULDN'T HELP EITHER... MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!
preston [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2008 12:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Rusch!

I had same trouble with PD6. I found from Google that REVO Uninstaller
will help and it certainly did. Give it a go its free!
Good luck!

wow, thankyou

no more wasted time

i've been searching my computer forever for old pd files, but this program took care of it in minutes.

thanks