Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Move PowerDirector to New Computer?
TwoRails [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2013 19:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
How do I move PowerDirector 12 to a new computer? I'll be getting a new computer shortly and I have no idea on how to this...

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Thanks!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do I move PowerDirector 12 to a new computer? I'll be getting a new computer shortly and I have no idea on how to this...

Thanks!

You use the original installation files or Disk.

If you have a downloaded version burn a DVD of the downloaded files and include the Email with the CD Key.

You can then use the DVD to install on the new computer.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Willie.747 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New York Joined: Apr 02, 2013 15:51 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Installing PD 12 on a new PC is the easy part! I have PD 11 on my old PC and have a lot of custom titles, menus and buttons. Now I have a new PC with PD 12 on it. How do I "move" all the custom items from PD 11 under XP to PD 12 under System 7?
I tried exporting a project on the old PC and opening it on the new PC and I got all the videos but had none of the menus I had used for it.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Locations of custom titles in PD 11
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26503.page#144272

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

TwoRails [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2013 19:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: How do I move PowerDirector 12 to a new computer? I'll be getting a new computer shortly and I have no idea on how to this...

Thanks!

You use the original installation files or Disk.

If you have a downloaded version burn a DVD of the downloaded files and include the Email with the CD Key.

You can then use the DVD to install on the new computer.

OK, thanks Carl312