Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GeForce v331.65 -> PDR12.exe has stopped working
Marco A [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2011 09:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Installed latest 64-bit GeForce drivers (v331.65 WHQL) and got that "PDR12. exe has stoped working" and cant open up PD12 at all.

Nvidia
Version
331.65 - WHQL
Release Date
Mon Oct 28, 2013

I haven't installed that PD12 patch 2209 yet as I don't think it will help. I hope PD12 will be fixed soon as I don't want to move back to older nvidia drivers.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I installed Nvidia previous 331.35 driver and now the new 331.65 driver and have had no problems, in fact PD opened faster, and I have the latest PD patch installed with no problems. My system specs are in my signature.
Jim
p.s. wait for the login to power director has been established Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure if this is related BUT have just installed the latest driver v331.65 and had an issue straight after which was not there before!

Video clips all incredibly slow & stutter & get a 'rendering' progress bar on the right hand side which have never seen before, see attached image on one of the pre loaded clips.

Have NOT installed latest PD patch as had read the forum issues on that.

Nothing else changed far as aware

Any help appreciated as very painful to use at the moment = not usable!

EDIT

Just sitting with the same preloaded clip in the timeline & watching task monitor for PD12 there is quite a bit of activity on the CPU which appears to match in with the 'rendering 0%' appearing time after time, compared to the rendering bar actually making progress when you try and play the clip. (2 - 3% activity compared to 10% approx when actually playing the clip)

EDIT 2

When watching the clip (approx 15 secs long) with the timeline zoomed in, can see that the 'rendering' is accompanied by a green progress bar above the time line as it renders the clip in small sections, took a couple minutes for the clip! Now plays through fine without any stutter & task monitor shows 0% CPU but increased memory usage (440mb up to 609mb)

If 15 sec clip takes that long..........................!

Be interested to see if if

Anyone else experienced same?
Any suggestions if is a PD problem or Nvidia problem? (or something else?)
Is it possible to see how much work the GPU is doing?

[Thumb - rendering.jpg]
 Filename
rendering.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
671 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 28. 2013 18:41

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Marco A [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2011 09:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Went back to GeForce 327.23 and it looks like everything works again. (It was the latest driver I had downloaded).
But I might have done something bad. I did install that 2209 patch to see if those 331.65 drivers would work. I still have to check if I have the same problem as some others have with the patch, hope not.

So, I can't use the 331.65 nvidia driver and PD12 at the same time.

Ed71, I think it would had been better to start a new topic as this says "... has stopped working" in the subject. Or we can just hope someone can help you here
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Fair point Marco A - though I think my problem was related to the driver upgrade as have just done system restore to before driver install and all now functioning correctly.

Only other possible was a Windows 8.1 update KB2902892 which had auto installed today.

But all good now!

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
this is exactly the same problem that occurred with PD 8,9,10 and 11 when nVidia moved from 2xx drivers to 3xx drivers. Its an incompatibility with CUDA or something. I have just experienced the infamous "rendering" issue by installing 331.82 over 314.07 in PD 11.

Its up to Cyberlink to make a patch that works again with the latest nVidia drivers. They never made one for PD9 so I had to upgrade to PD11 and patch that (cunning cyberlink, very cunning). Microsoft or Nvidia won't do anything about it (based on previous experiences last year).

The only way to cure it is to rollback the nvidia driver until Cyberlink sort it. IF they sort it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2013 12:31

Mark
www.ravenstorm.co.uk
System: Win7 64bit, i7 2600K @ 4.3GHz. GTX 680. 16GB RAM. Revodrive 3 x2 480GB. Nvidia Drivers v331.65
Software: Powerdirector Ultra 11
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Its up to Cyberlink to make a patch that works again with the latest nVidia drivers. They never made one for PD9 so I had to upgrade to PD11 and patch that (cunning cyberlink, very cunning). Microsoft or Nvidia won't do anything about it (based on previous experiences last year).

NVidia puts out drivers every few weeks.
For typical PC users, there's little reason to update video drivers that frequently. An exception might be an avid gamer who can confirm that the newest driver is specifically required or demonstrably improves play.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2013 20:35

[Post New]
yep, or if anyone buys/builds a new PC and wants to use their not-so-much-out-of-date version of PD Mark
www.ravenstorm.co.uk
System: Win7 64bit, i7 2600K @ 4.3GHz. GTX 680. 16GB RAM. Revodrive 3 x2 480GB. Nvidia Drivers v331.65
Software: Powerdirector Ultra 11
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,
The issue is covered on the PDR11 forum in the thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30983.page
You may want to add your comments there.

CyberLink have been made aware of the situation and I'm hopeful there will be a satisfactory outcome for PDR11 users.

Thread closed.

Forum Moderator