Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 ultra - Nvidia 331.82 and above driver update causing problem of "Rendering bar "
[Post New]
Recent driver update from Nvidia GPU holders (Driver 331.82 and beta update 331.93) is causing rendering bar issue while editing any video (while in editing mode) for PD 11 Ultra....

I have seen a beta patch issued for PD 12 users which has worked and solved same issue which was causing PD 12 owners, but why same beta patch not issued for PD 11 users by Cyberlink yet? have we not paid for the product? are we less important than PD 12 users?

I demand a swift solution to PD 11 users as well with issue of same beta patch for PD 11 users

Thanks

Prash

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 06. 2014 04:43

PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Recent driver update from Nvidia GPU holders (Driver 331.82 and beta update 331.93) is causing rendering bar issue while editing any video (while in editing mode) for PD 11 Ultra....

I have seen a beta patch issued for PD 12 users which has worked and solved same issue which was causing PD 12 owners, but why same beta patch not issued for PD 11 users by Cyberlink yet? have we not paid for the product? are we less important than PD 12 users?

I demand a swift solution to PD 11 users as well with issue of same beta patch for PD 11 users

Thanks

Prash

Hi Prash,
I have passed on your complaint to CyberLink. Thank you for posting your concerns on the forum.
Forum Moderator
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd, appreciated PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd,

I have the same concerns as Prash and I deeply appreciate what you are doing for us, owners of PowerDirector 11 Ultra.

Thank you very much for your help.

Jean
[Post New]
Same here. Same problem as when nvidia moved from 2xx drivers to 3xx drivers last year. Only now I'm experiencing the rendering issues with PD11 instead of PD9. Cyberlink, please please please make the effort to patch the older versions of PD. We can't afford to keep on upgrading to slightly different increments of PD every time something breaks!

Cheers in advance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2013 12:43

Mark
www.ravenstorm.co.uk
System: Win7 64bit, i7 2600K @ 4.3GHz. GTX 680. 16GB RAM. Revodrive 3 x2 480GB. Nvidia Drivers v331.65
Software: Powerdirector Ultra 11
[Post New]
additional.... just tried the 331.93 beta drivers with the same result

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2013 13:12

Mark
www.ravenstorm.co.uk
System: Win7 64bit, i7 2600K @ 4.3GHz. GTX 680. 16GB RAM. Revodrive 3 x2 480GB. Nvidia Drivers v331.65
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
My thanks too, Dafydd. (Adding this post to this thread so that I'll be notified if a patch is issued and somebody posts that info here.) Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,
Just a little news for you all to read.

CyberLink are working on a fix/patch/workaround for PDR11 and the Nvidia driver issue. I don't have a timescale to give you, the fix will need to be tested before release.

I'll bump this thread to a sticky so members will have an easy point of reference, a place to post their concerns and interest etc.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Cheers Dafydd. Much appreciated Mark
www.ravenstorm.co.uk
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd

Cant wait !! Thanks for the update once again Cheers!! PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Molishero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 15:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The only way to fix this is to roll-back to an older driver.

This bug is an odd and old one. The same thing happened to PD9 but at least there was a workaround for it. Now the same has happened to PD11 however turning off CUDA cores doesn't fix the problem.

I'm looking forward to the patch. AMD FX8350, Nvidia GTX 660, 16GB
[Post New]
@Molishero - I have rolled back to 331.65 which is affecting my gaming experience especially when all new games asks for latest drivers but PD 11 is major part of my game play video which I have to make daily for my YouTube channel...

YTChannel link : http://bit.ly/1650GFv PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Random_Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland Joined: Jun 18, 2008 00:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue with Nvidia driver version 331.82. I would really like a solution as was seemingly provided to users of PD12. I really don't think I should have to pay another $70 to upgrade to another version of the program just so that it will work!
[Post New]
Dear Dafydd,

Is there any news on Patch for PD 11? Currently I cant roll back to 331.65 (which was working driver) of NVIDIA since some functions are not supported due to 331.65. I must upgrade to 331.82 in which case I cant use PD11 for my Video gaming content production... this is really annoying and frustrating. Apologies for being impatience but I need solution from CL asap

Thanks

Prash PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dear Dafydd,

Is there any news on Patch for PD 11? Currently I cant roll back to 331.65 (which was working driver) of NVIDIA since some functions are not supported due to 331.65. I must upgrade to 331.82 in which case I cant use PD11 for my Video gaming content production... this is really annoying and frustrating. Apologies for being impatience but I need solution from CL asap

Thanks

Prash

Hi Prash,
I have asked for an update from CyberLink today. There is no need for an apology, keep asking and I'll be reminded to chase up the situation. You need a fix to resolve the issue asap and enjoy your gaming capture/video editing with the latest gpu driver.
Dafydd
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd

I cant edit videos with new driver 331.82 with PD 11 thats why I am chasing you and CL to get PD 11 owners a workaround patch just like PD 12....

Yesterday after update to Geforce Experience 1.8.1, there was no Shadow Play recording option (it is game capture software inbuilt for Nvidia GPUs) as I was on 331.65 (due to PD11's compatibility) even-though 331.82 is must for shadow play to work.. . Since I had to play new games and record I had to upgrade to 331.82 but same time now I am not able to use PD 11 due to same " Rendering Bar" issue ( PD 11 worked without any problem with 331.65 only)

that's why I asked for the update, anyway lets hope CL hears our plea and comes up with patch/workaround for this annoying " Rendering bar" issues for PD 11 users with latest Nvidia drivers (331.82/331.93)

Thanks

Prash PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Mohammed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2011 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guy's ...

I just installed driver 331.82 for my GTX 660 TI and guess what .....

I cant even launch PD11 . It crashes right away . which means i cant even use it and im forced to look for an alternative . i guess , blender will do fine for now until we hear something from CL .

Thanks .

Mohammad .
reuni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2011 20:49 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
i have nVidia GTX770 and have same Problem with Rendering. tested with lasted whql and beta Driver from nvidia. i hop fix coming soon !
Mohammed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2011 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi , i just installed this driver :

(( 320.49-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql ))

and PD11 worked just fine for now and the render bar didn't appear , it went back to normal just like it was when i bought it . I'll report back to you after i try it for a bit longer just to make sure .

Later .

Mohammad .
miyatamaa77
Newbie Location: Austalia Joined: Dec 22, 2013 18:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I was hopeful you had nailed the problem Mohammed - I have the same rendering problem with PDR 11 build 3230, Windows 8.1, 64bit, Patch 3230, GeForce GTX780 with Driver 331.82. I changed to your recommended Driver but PD just crashed all the time.