Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 on Windows 8: HDCP does not work on AT Radeon HD despite latest path
UweInside [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2012 05:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I also uninstalled Hyper-V and BD advisor now shows that "only" the display is incompatible. I am using MiniDP. Sadly, my Apple Cinema Display only has MiniDP, so I'm stuck. Very frustrating.

Uwe

--- EDIT ---

I tried to play some Blu-Rays (Ratatouille, Downton Abbey) despite BD advisor telling me it will not work. But it actually worked! Hurrah! I will test more Blu-Rays...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2012 13:10

David2112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2012 08:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Not sure if this has been sorted elsewhere?
I was getting the Error code - 0012 which said my ATI HD 7870 and IIyama E2407HDS were not HDCP compliant.
But I have found a fix which worked for me - I opened up AMD VISION Engine Control Center and looked at: My Digital Flat Panels - Properties - DVI Settings. The tick box for Alternate DVI operational mode was selected. By "Un-ticking" PowerDVD 12 Ultra now works fine!
Hope it helps!
alastair.Q [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2012 16:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm that the Hyper-V platform on Windows 8 causes this problem on my machine as well. I have an ATI HD Radeon card as well.

Thanks to the dude who found this fix. Brilliant!
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2013 05:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried to use Slysoft's AnyDVD HD, that will help you with the HDCP?
Archon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2013 18:27 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
+1 for slysofts anydvdhd. You can get a 21 day trial.
using ati hd5670 on win 8 with power dvd12
I tried to play the watch last night and I got a message from 20th century fox that my blue ray drive needed a firmware update.
Also noted the disc has a little copy protection icon on it that working discs don't.
went to liteon site and downloaded the smartpack software that confirmed there was a new firmware version but wouldn't let me download it because the software craps out displaying loads of css information and saying it cant create a file in my docs (the filename is loads XHTML DTD code with a .exe suffix - seems smartpack isn't that smart)
tried to rule other things out so tried trial of corel blu ray software and still get the same issue.
checked the audio/play back devices properties for my hdmi connection and the supported formats tab is says that hdcp is not supported.

It also says this on my hd5830 on my win 7 pc. Tried Microsoft drivers and ATI drivers = no joy.

Saw webisode of some tech program on daily motion.com saying that hdcp issues are either a non compliant graphics card or TV. Apparently there are two ways to deal with it = they showed a physical adapter (which I haven't found anywhere yet) or suggested you try slysoft anydvdhd wich "makes the problem go away" but costs a fair amount of cash on yearly subscription.

I downloaded the trial of anydvdhd and yes = it made the problem go away and I can now play the disc fine.
which means the issue isn't firmware (glad I wasted a ton of time on that) and definitely can be fixed in software = so it would be awesome if ATI could address this in a driver update. (or cyberdvd could do something??)

hth - p.s. watching blu rays on pc is a none stop process of enjoyable troubleshooting so far - so fun!!