Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Startup crash on Windows 7 "PowerDirector has stopped working", I need help debugging please!
FJA2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2010 13:41 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Well, now I'm screwed.
I uninstalled the program and rebooted, as you suggested. However, as I had feared, I cannot re-install it because neither the Premium version or Platimum version exist on my machine anymore.
I tried copying the Premium version from a backup but that doesn't work, it has to be installed and I don't have the old Premium version anymore because the new version deleted it.

I bought the back-up disk when I purchesed PD8 but thats no good because its an upgrade from the premium version which I don't have anymore.

BTW, its the Suite package, contains PD8, as well as Power2Go and PhotoNow and LabelPrint. Of course none of them work now.
That sucks
FJA2010 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I restored Windows back to yesterday and got PD8 back installed.However, it is at the same point I was, which is that it crashes if I try to use Titles or Produce.
It is versiopn Power Director Ultra 8.00.3022 and comes with the Platium package of Cyberling DVD Suite.
I cannot totally unninstall it without losing it as I explained in last post, since it is an update from Premium package which I no longer have because PD8 deleted it and copying from a backup doesn't work.

All my drivers and windows updates are up to date. I'll run diagnostics. but PD8 is the only program I have problem with.
FJA2010 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have run the diagnostic and saved as a .txt file
What should I do with it.
In summary, no problems were found...
-------------
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Display Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
-------------
FJA2010 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I forwarded it to Cyberlink Support along with a screen capture of the error message.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad you were able to recover the situation.

You really should have the original install software - contact your PC supplier and ask from them.

You need to contact technical support with your issue. https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

The standard response to problems related to missing modules is a re-install and as you've indicated you cant do that.... Looks like you have situation and will go around in circles until you get the software from your PC company.

I will mention the problem to Cyberlink and maybe ask you later some specific questions - by PM.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2010 11:03