Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-ray menu structure issue/bug PD11 64-bit
Digital Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2011 19:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Ok let me see if I can describe this..

This project contains one main movie with 3 secondary smaller movies. I selected a menu template which has on the main menu screen two options, play and extra.

the play is to play the main movie and the extra contains not only the chapters of the main movie but also 3 other secondary movies.

I have selected under playback mode (at the bottom of the scene) to play the selected title only... when play is selected I want only the main title to play then return to the main menu. when I preview that is how it works. play = main movie then returns to main menu..

When I write the blu-ray and you select play (on blu ray player or on my computers blu-ray writer) the main movie plays then it continues to play the 2nd and 3rd and 4th movie with out returning to the main menu.

Sooooo long story short, the playback mode selction doesn't seem to be working after writing a blu ray disc.

Please, any comments or suggestions.

Thank you
Windows 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM,Intel core i7-2600k @4.0GHz, XFX AMD radeon HD 6950 2GB, Powerdirector 11 Ultimate 64
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The Play on the Main Menu is actually a "Play All".

To have the behavior you selected, you go to Scenes and choose one of the titles. It will play that one title and return to the menu.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Digital Dave [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks not how it used to work under pre pd11 versions. this is like my 10th production but my first with pd11. second. what does playback mode do then?

not to mention that when I preview the project this function perform correctly.
so if play is play all. it would play all in the preview as well. right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2012 12:40

Windows 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM,Intel core i7-2600k @4.0GHz, XFX AMD radeon HD 6950 2GB, Powerdirector 11 Ultimate 64
Digital Dave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Even reading through the user manual I found the section that covers this feature and quote

"Setting Disc Playback Mode
Click the button open the Playback Mode Settings window and set how the
disc plays back any scenes that are on your disc.
Note: disc playback mode determines how the title (videos and projects added on
the Content tab) play back on your disc, not the chapters contained within each
title. If your disc only has one title on it, the settings for disc playback mode have
no affect on the burned disc.
In the Playback Mode Settings window you can set the following:
choose from one of the three available playback modes based on the
available descriptions. Your disc will follow the selected behavior when
inserted or play is pressed on your disc player."

So once again I believe there might be a problem in how this feature performs. Windows 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM,Intel core i7-2600k @4.0GHz, XFX AMD radeon HD 6950 2GB, Powerdirector 11 Ultimate 64
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
There has been a problem with this feature of PD for several versions now.

I find that when I make DVDs (not Blu-ray) the Play Button does not act as a Play All. When the Playback option "Play the selected title only" is used, the selected title does indeed play and then we are returned to the scenes menu. But the Play button plays only title 1 instead of playing all titles as I would expect.

Not quite the same as the reported behaviour with Blu-ray, but a problem anyway

Robert
Digital Dave [Avatar]
[Post New]
You are correct about the DVD, plays once and goes to menu. I fear that a response from Carl 312 a contributor means I'm not going to get a response from cyberlink. I believe Carl's answer is actually incorrect. Windows 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM,Intel core i7-2600k @4.0GHz, XFX AMD radeon HD 6950 2GB, Powerdirector 11 Ultimate 64
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You are correct about the DVD, plays once and goes to menu. I fear that a response from Carl 312 a contributor means I'm not going to get a response from cyberlink. I believe Carl's answer is actually incorrect.

Very possibly, I am incorrect.
Sorry for the wrong information.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
These are my results, yes different from other PD versions and would appear still not correct. The small test case evaluated BD and DVD created discs as well as the PD preview feature. I used a basic PD menu template with no first play video. Burnt disc were evaluated on a PS3. Other formats and players may results in differing behaviour, I did not test.

So if “Start from the menu page and play all titles sequentially” is selected
BD H.264 (burnt disc)
Insert Disc: menu is played and play when selected plays entire disc and returns to root menu
Scene: plays starting at selected scene and chapter and plays all remaining and returns to root menu

DVD HQ (burnt disc)
Insert Disc: menu is played and play when selected plays entire disc and returns to root menu
Scene: plays starting at selected scene and chapter and plays all remaining and returns to root menu

PD Preview BD
same as burnt behavior above

PD Preview DVD HQ

So if “Start from the first title and play all titles sequentially” is selected
BD H.264 (burnt disc)
Insert Disc: skips menu when disc inserted and plays all titles then plays menu and ends on root menu

DVD HQ (burnt disc)
Insert Disc: skips menu when disc inserted and plays all titles then plays menu and ends on root menu

PD Preview BD

PD Preview DVD HQ

So if “Play the selected title only” is selected
BD H.264 (burnt disc)
Insert disc: menu is played and play when selected will play entire disc
Scene: plays starting at selected title and chapter and plays title only and returns to title menu

DVD HQ (burnt disc)
Insert disc: menu is played and play when selected will only play the first title completely and returns to root menu
Scene: plays starting at selected title and chapter and plays title only then returns to title menu

PD Preview BD:
Menu plays, play when selected will only play the first title completely and returns to root menu
Scene: plays starting at selected title and chapter and plays title only then returns to title menu

PD Preview DVD HQ
same as burnt DVD behavior above

For reference, a summary of how other versions of PD functioned is described here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7497.page

Jeff