Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Waveform is inaccurate, doesn't line up with actual audio
MisterBadIdea [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2012 12:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've always had this problem, the waveform is a tiny bit stretched out and it doesn't match the sound on the actual video. It would be much, much more convenient for the kind of editing I do if that thing was more accurate. I use .mts files, which in the last PowerDirector I had (8, I think) had accurate waveforms. (Other file-types, on the other hand, did have that problem.) Now .mts files don't work right either. What causes this, and is there a way to fix it?
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I know I have seen that question in the forums before but it might have been in the PD9 forum....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24. 2012 22:47

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Partially here
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19736.page#103898

and here
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20086.page
Good picture there of the waveform being off.

Has a ref number by a moderator but I've never really seen anything that documents if ref numbers get any action or just a personal tracking system on a public forum.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,
Item 275 is my reference... which I do have a small update.
The issue was referred to R&D and is down as an ebug. No reference to the issue being fixed.

A patch is due out soon, perhaps the fix is in that.

Dafydd
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I LOVE patches! Really. The waveform could use some fixin'. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Nope, no fixin' in PD10 1424c, perhaps the next patch. This MPEG2 HQ clip (very basic old technology around for years) has nearly a 30 second flatline audio on the end, PD8 displays the full audio to the end perfectly. Same issue as mentioned previously. Good luck to those that try to align anything to the waveform.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD8audio.png]
 Filename
PD8audio.png
[Disk]
 Description
PD8 waveform
 Filesize
203 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
169 time(s)
[Thumb - pd10audio.png]
 Filename
pd10audio.png
[Disk]
 Description
PD10 waveform
 Filesize
532 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
147 time(s)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I rarely edit by audio, but when I do, I export the audio. Then I add it to another track and mute the original audio track. Seems to work a little better. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I also find the flat line section sometimes usually fixed by extending and contracting the timeline. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I rarely edit by audio, but when I do, I export the audio. Then I add it to another track and mute the original audio track. Seems to work a little better.

I know that's a workaround, used it many times myself, my point was simply one shouldn't have to do that, especially when it was previously functional.

Quote: I also find the flat line section sometimes usually fixed by extending and contracting the timeline.

Nope, never seen that behaviour when one has waited for the PDhanuman service to finish creating the waveform.

Jeff
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Nope, never seen that behaviour when one has waited for the PDhanuman service to finish creating the waveform.

Ditto
(i.e. Same here.) Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I know a work around is not ideal, but the point of this forum is to help each other find what works, not to say sorry, it's broke so don't use it. It would make life easier if it worked correctly, that is for sure. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Ditto
(i.e. Same here.)

That might explain it as my audio file is of my entire hanggliding flight over 1 hour so it would take while for PDhunauman to create the waveform. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn