Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline Waveform Truncation
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Has any one else noticed that the audio wave form in the timeline is being truncated in PD10, v1012? You need to max zoom in on the timeline to see this effect. I see a dead band that varies clip to clip. Some raw MTS clips, all from Canon HFS10 24Mbps HD, display the issue and others don't. The attached picture shows about a 15 frame wave form dead effect in the timeline, however sound is there. If one edits the audio in PD10 WE, the full clip shows a complete more detailed wave form. PD8 appears to show the timeline wave form correctly to the end of the clip.

The attached pic is just one MTS file in the timeline, no user edits of any form. I've cleared PD10 audio wave form cache files and regenerated but issue still occurs.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD10 wave form.png]
 Filename
PD10 wave form.png
[Disk]
 Description
PD10 audio wave form
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
483 time(s)
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JL_JL,

Yes. I have experienced the exact same behavior, on a random basis. Happened yesterday. Truncated waveform (flatline), yet the audio is indeed there.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
For my ref: 275
Dolphinrow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2011 13:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having this problem, too. The waveform graphic does not match the beats in the music, so I can't effectively edit the video to match the beats. What's wrong? How can I fix this in Power Director 10? Christopher
[Post New]
Quote: wave form in the timeline is being truncated in PD10, v1012

Dafydd;
Is there a reason you are NOT recommending that this user update to the latest patch and retest?? (most recent patch is version=1424c). It would seem counter-productive to troubleshoot/report a problem in code so out of date, no?

I haven't seen that behavior in the latest codeset (No, I am not saying it is fixed, just suggesting testing in the latest release).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2012 18:47

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: wave form in the timeline is being truncated in PD10, v1012

Dafydd;
Is there a reason you are NOT recommending that this user update to the latest patch and retest?? (most recent patch is version=1424c). It would seem counter-productive to troubleshoot/report a problem in code so out of date, no?

I haven't seen that behavior in the latest codeset (No, I am not saying it is fixed, just suggesting testing in the latest release).

It was posted here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21929.page in 30/03/2012 21:09:25 post that it was still broke with 1424c, at least for some and some video formats.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred and JL,
In the report I have had, re my reference 275, 1424c will not fix the issue reported.

As for recommending the patch 1424c, go for it. I'm using the full build 1424c on this machine and that's ok to.

I will be chasing up the issue.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2012 03:20

[Post New]

err...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2012 08:59

[Post New]

Interim solution, I have solved this case the graphic out of sync audio and also to cut into some MP3.
I open the track in Wave Editor, saved to update it works fine in my case.
Dolphinrow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2011 13:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Fixed!
I'm working on a short video documentary which includes narration and music. I purchased and downloaded the music (mpg3) and used it on the music track in PD 10. While everything else stayed in place (video, narration, etc.) the music track waveform was displaying innacurate wave placement to the music when played from the beginning. In addition, if I edited video down the track, the music was completely off than if I had played it from the very beginning. The fix was to do as you suggested. I took the music and placed it in Wave Editor. I changed the format from mpg3 to .wav and re-imported into Power Director project, placed onto the time line and wa-la! Works perfectly. Perhaps Power Director doesn't like using two mpgs (narration and music) in the same project. Or mpg3 music just doesn't do well in the program. In any event, Cyberlink Wave Editor's conversion of the music format did the trick. Thanks so much! Christopher
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Although so far in PD I have never had to make music beats match anything in the timeline, but...

In my software that I use to create my Halloween and Christmas light shows that correspond to music broadcasted on a FM transmitter. Every flash of all my lights is matched to the beat of every note in the music. I have for the past 10 years of making the light show, always converted the mp3's to .wav as the timing never changes during the entire length of the song.

The mp3 files will vary the speed a little. And not the same way every time its played.... You can really see the difference when you play it back with the lights flashing with the music.

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link