Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8: Build 2207
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Concerning suggestion 1. No I would definitely not recommend this approach. It makes absolutely no sense in my opinion for forward code improvements. BD menu system capability is not the same as AVCHD menu system capability. If and when CL actually decides to develop a real menu capable addition to PD this would only confuse the issue to have implemented this behind the scene change for BD when H.264 encoding is used. Develope what's right, not slight of hand!

Concerning suggestion 2, I've voiced this opinion in several posts; I don't understand why CL would put any restriction on the "Create a Folder" size option. Not for DVD, AVCHD or BD, period. If smartfit is used in conjunction with "Create a Folder", then smartfit to the user specified media size. Yes compression is available for BD folders, just not in PD8, maybe in the future though if they think it's important enough to put on the PD development roadmap.

Jeff
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff, interesting.

I knew there were differences, but wasn't entirely sure what!

Yes the media folder size restriction is frustrating, and totally pointless. A warning is fine, but to actually prevent users burning to folders when the file size is above, in the case of AVCHD, 8.5gb is crazy!

The work around is to purchase a 32gb SD card obviously but, I'm not sure how much they are on your side of the pond, they're about £40-50.

Cheers,

Andrew

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530