Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 14 snapshot low resolution
IanOnTheTrent [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Campbellford Ontario Canada Joined: Apr 04, 2016 17:43 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I will assume that you are using the button on the bottom of the preview window then.

Do you have a video player (free) called VLC media player ? It has the capability to do the same function. It also does a better job of capturing detail. I tested it on a sample UH clip. The captured images were both the same UH aspect sizes however the image sizes were .7 mb (PD) versus 6.4 mb (VLC). Give it a try.

You may want to give us details of your PC and especially it's video graphics processor.

Thanks so much for this VLC tip. For all the years I used VLC, and all the headaches I suffered trying to get a snapshot from PD or VideoStudio, I never knew about the snapshot function of VLC. Cheers.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps related, perhaps not. I've had problems with audio on MOV clips, as well as other issues. CL support suggested I convert to another format before editing MOV, which I am now doing. I not going for max quality though, so the conversion isn't an issue for me, as it might be for others. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6