Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Constant Crashing with PD14 [SOLVED]
Ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2015 03:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Uninstalled GeForce Experience seems to have helped with the crash. Still, Cyberlink should be the party responsible for detecting the shadow play engine (as it's the software trying to gain access to a resource that's currently not available) and address the issue on their end, maybe a prompt for the user would be nice, I literally wasted many hours on this.

Blaming nVidia is not the responsible way.
Foxy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2009 19:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
A month on, and nothing very positive seems to have happened? I wasn't fortunate enough to visit this thread when I suddenly experienced crashing, and a lot of time was wasted by myself and Cyberlink support before they pointed me to this issue. With so many users having Nvidia hardware, the minimum should be a notification (if only in the same way that we get notified of available upgrades).
I just had a LiveChat with Nvidia support, and the agent has nothing about this issue in his database!! Frustrating.
Nicholas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2016 15:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, thank you, thank you.... you wonderful, beautiful people. Thank you. I was certain the time was coming for me to smash my head into a wall. The constant crashes.... absolutely unbearable. Like others have mentioned, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get anything done. I would save my project every 20 seconds.... if the project even bothered opening up. Wow. I can't believe it was as easy as removing GeForce experience, but sure enough, it was it. Looks like I just enjoyed my 1 "simple" computer fix out of the next 100 problems that happen.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming everyone else finds this to be extremely odd that the one and ONLY culprit of this problem is GeForce Experience? We all know that everyone uses different components, different operating systems and everything configured in unique ways and one software program is the cause of the problem? Can't say I've ever come across something so unique. I'm used to seeing 10 different solutions due to all the different computers out there.
Ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2015 03:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
There's nothing odd about it, GeForce Experience uses the same encoder engine (Nvidia NVENC) for its shadow play streaming service. What's odd is that I've used other software, even the free OBS which utilize the same technology w/o crashing. Like I had said earlier, Cyberlink needs to address this issue in PD14, instead of blaming and telling people to uninstall GeForce Experience.
Micboule [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just to let you know that the problem is solved for me too about crashing in PD14

GeForce Experience Uninstalled

Thank you!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2016 06:26

[Post New]
Quote: There's nothing odd about it, GeForce Experience uses the same encoder engine (Nvidia NVENC) for its shadow play streaming service. What's odd is that I've used other software, even the free OBS which utilize the same technology w/o crashing. Like I had said earlier, Cyberlink needs to address this issue in PD14, instead of blaming and telling people to uninstall GeForce Experience.

Maybe is not that simple.

For example, some audio players like to get "exclusive" control of the audiocard for highest quality. That leads to conflicts if they are two players that want simultaneous "exclusive" control. Sure, you could disallow that exclusive control and solve the conflicts, but with what price in regard of quality?

I am not sure if is something similar with the way PD invoques the NVENC versus other software. To me, an elegant solution would be a notification message (that other software uses NVENC now) instead of crashing.
RebeccaSF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2013 02:48 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Just wanted to say that I had the same exact problem with constant crashing. After reading this and the linked posts, I uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce Experience and the problem is solved. I was so frustrated and thinking about asking for my money back (recently purchased PD14) and using another program. I really didn't want to do that since it took so long to learn the very little knowledge I have about this program. I guess the frustrating thing is that I filled out several "crash reports" with my email address and no one has ever responded. It seems if Cyberlink is getting 6-12 reports from a single person in an evening, then maybe they should respond the next morning. It is apparent that no one looks at those reports. I wonder why they include that in the program if they have no intention of actually do anything with the info.

Oh well, I'm happy the problem is solved. No I just need to find the time to learn all the super cool aspects of video editing!

I make home movies of my travels!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXqtk0qGeUxg3djrHoKSPng