Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 installed in 32 bits Program Files
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Mine installed in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector11

I installed it yesterday (upgrade from PD10).

I have Windows 7 Ultimate.
[Thumb - 64 bit.JPG]
 Filename
64 bit.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
339 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 06. 2012 09:16

HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
TerryO,

The version of Power Director that you have installed is the trial version, which may very well be 32 bit. Check your about screen shot. Is says, 'trial'.

The full version will install either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version depending on the operating environment.

Hal

edited to add image.
[Thumb - about.PNG]
 Filename
about.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
64 bit PD11
 Filesize
151 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
336 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2012 09:40

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Also only PD Ultra and higher is 64 bit. The lower version (Deluxe?) is only 32 bit.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I just want to know where TerryO got his "I am running Microsoft Windows 8 Professional, FULL RETAIL BUILD"

W8 doesn't go on sale until later in OCT. I think TerryO is confusing the " FULL RETAIL BUILD" with the RTM or RTW version. There MAY be slight differences but he should not be so didactic about his feelings.

If you have questions, run it so that it is working hard and look at your "Task Manager - Performance " To see the number or cores working at more than idle and how much memory is in use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2012 09:51

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
TerryO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2010 09:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Where I got it?

RTM means RETAIL to Manufacturing, which is the FINAL RETAIL version installed on any RETAIL computer you buy.

I am a Microsoft OEM Partner, and after 3 updates I now have multiple Windows 8 Modern Apps that NO longer run....

My point is, how can they CLAIM Windows 8 compatible, if it will NOT work with Windows 8, any version?

See the description and the screen where it displays the Windows 8 Compatible Logo:

com·pat·i·ble (km-pt-bl)
adj.
1. Capable of existing or performing in harmonious, agreeable, or congenial combination with another or others: compatible family relationships.
2. Capable of orderly, efficient integration and operation with other elements in a system with no modification or conversion required.
3. Capable of forming a chemically or biochemically stable system.
4. Of or relating to a television system in which color broadcasts can be received in black and white by sets incapable of color reception.
5. Medicine Capable of being grafted, transfused, or transplanted from one individual to another without rejection: compatible blood.
n.
A device, such as a computer or computer software, that can be integrated into or used with another device or system of its type.

READ the definition of Compatible. Especially number 2.....

Second, I could not get the TRIAL to work, so I bought a Retail copy, when it unistalled the deteced PowerDirector 11 in Program Files x86, it may have decided that it was the 32-bit version, but the OS is still x64, and it should have detected the OS.

As to your comment, it shows the Trial Version, here is how I upgraded PowerDirector 9 Ultra to 10 under Windows 8...

PowerDirector 10 CAN not detect an earlier version on your system, but PD9 is right there in the Cyberlink directory in the Program files folder? So, I had to manually enter in my CD Key for 9 Ultra, it installed.... Then to install the 1703 patch, guess what? PowerDireector could not detect an installation of PD, enter the CD Key from 8/9, etc...

So I had to do it again....

I'll admit that Windows 8 seems to make it impossible for the installer to detect previous installations, but at least it did detect the x64 OS.

Next, how can I test the NEW, FASTER 64-bit encoding in the trial of PD11, if the Trial is ONLY 32-bit, it can't even do 64-bit rendering....

RETAIL to Manufacturing is that, the RETAIL VERSION is sent to Manufacturers to install on their new computers. The ONLY difference between mine and when you buy your NEW PC with Windows 8, is yours will connect and download all the updates already installed on mine by automatic updates...

For those not familiar with how Microsoft operates, you have several installation options with the RTM DVD:

1 - Core version
2 - RETAIL version
3 - VLSC version

Gee, if I installed the RETAIL version from option 2, you're telling me I don't have the Retail version?

So, am I running the vlsc version since I chose option 2? Or, am I running the core version since I chose option 2?

I can only assume that Cyberlink tested and certified the Windows 8 compatibility on, pick one:

Developers Version 8100
Consumer Preview 8400
Windows Enterprise Evaluation Version - which has more features than Windows Professional version

Or, RETAIL, build 9200.....

I guess I'll uninstall PD 11, and try to install it again, and maybe then it will install as 64-bit, but I doubt it....

Obviously, if their TRIAL version is only 32-bit, and won't install on a 64-bit machine, to try the NEW, FASTER native 64-bit processing speed, then why would I want to spend the money to UPGRADE?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Just a clarification:

Cyberlink guarantees Windows 8 compatibility when W8 is released for sale. Oct 26th? They did not say it was error free compatible NOW or even soon after the release. Read this http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window8-guarantee/enu/en_US/index.jsp They will fix the problems.

Regardless of operating system, there are always patches and updates for new products.

Also you said"I am a Microsoft OEM Partner, and after 3 updates I now have multiple Windows 8 Modern Apps that NO longer run.... " So other products have a worse issue? Is that why you are PO'd?

I don't see that the "Ultra" version is not 64 bit; the Deluxe version is 32 bit only. Which one did you download?

Did you look at the computer performance when you were using the trial encoding (rendering). What do you see for memory and core use?

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
stevek,

TerryO has the trial version installed according to the screen shot attached to a previous post and that trial version is 32bit.

Hal

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: stevek,

TerryO has the trial version installed according to the screen shot attached to a previous post and that trial version is 32bit.

Hal

Thanks Hal. Is there only one trial version or is there one for each of the versions ( deluxe, Ultimate, etc.? That is sort of funky if you really wanted to see if 64 bit processing can be handle by your computer without issues.

I have PD 11 and it did install into the 32 bit folder but the program runs as a 64 bit program.. .