Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
To purchase or not to purchase
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl,
I only upped the resolution to see the difference, I've returned it to normal. Thanks for the direction on fading the sub-titles, I'm trialing the different operations before I put a project together.
Thanks once again,
Ian.

Titles are different from Sub-Titles.

I don't think you can fade Sub-titles.

Sub-Titles are the text you see at the bottom of the screen for the hard of hearing.

Titles are the text you put on the screen to describe or label things, Titles can be on a colored board with no video.
Titles are what you use for the Name of the movie at the beginning and the Credits at the end.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Ian10
Newbie Location: Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom. Joined: Jan 28, 2012 07:28 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,
I have managed to produce a sub-title that will fade in and fade out. I have used a title rather than the sub-title facility.

If you use the "3D-like" image/title screen, it's transparent. You then add your text and using the "modify animation properties", use the "fade" to start and "fade" to end. I'm just going back to run it again in case I was dreaming!
Thanks for the helpful input.
Regards,
Ian. HP xw6600.
Quad core E5420, 2.5Ghz.
4GB Ram.
Nvidia Quadro FX1700, 512MB.
HP DVD 1070
Windows 7 64Bit
Canon XM2
attaboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2012 10:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Downsides?
The two killers for me that might, one day, drive me back to Adobe are the Single Installation rule - I expect to be able to install an application on both my desktop and laptop on the same licence providing that they are not used at the same time - if Microsoft and Adobe offer this, anyone can. The second EULA issue is the one of 'No commercial use' Why not? There is no explanation of what 'commercial use' means - I'm choosing to believe that it relates to commercial video production (weddings etc where the user charges for production) rather than the production of the odd promo for my (non-video related) trade-stand at agricultural shows - if that's not the case then it's back to the drawing-board.

If I'm buying hardware, I'll scour the reviews at Newegg .. Amazon .. Tiger .. like that. Same goes for software .. that's why I registered to view this forum (and download the PD10 pdf users manual). Now, I'm perfectly good for buying a legitimate product if it appears to meet my needs, and I am seriously considering PD10 Ultra, but like others here, I have more than one personal computer here (four) including a new i5 2500 laptop, and an i7 2600k desktop being built. Having an EULA that restricts a legitimate customer from doing multiple installations on his own equipment is pretty anal. I am a sound believer that a software developer should get paid for their efforts, but I heartily suggest to Cyberlink that they loose the archaic marketing model, lest they drive honest folks onto the dark side, and just get their stuff for free. In googling PD10 .. tons of links .. even on youtube, showing how to do that.

Now, I'll probably order PD10 Ultra .. in the box, not download, today. But if I gotta go to the dark side to make a second install, that doesn't bode well for Cyberlink. Further, whilst I have no commercial aspirations for using PD10 at this time, surely it's My business what I use it for in the future. This is really over-reaching in my opinion, similar to what apple tried to do with firewire. Like with Antigen(Outpost Firewall) and Norton, multiple installs should be able to get updates online if and when they are made available.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Now, I'll probably order PD10 Ultra .. in the box, not download, today. But if I gotta go to the dark side to make a second install, that doesn't bode well for Cyberlink. Further, whilst I have no commercial aspirations for using PD10 at this time, surely it's My business what I use it for in the future. This is really over-reaching in my opinion, similar to what apple tried to do with firewire. Like with Antigen(Outpost Firewall) and Norton, multiple installs should be able to get updates online if and when they are made available.

We generally do not broadcast the fact of more that one computer.

Remember you do have to activate the software, if you have multiple activations, you may have some disabled.
Powerdirector does not work well if the component activation fails.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Ian10
Newbie Location: Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom. Joined: Jan 28, 2012 07:28 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,
I think I may have misunderstood what you said. My terminology is still Pinnacle driven, when I re-read your post, I realised you were spot on. Still, my mis-reading your comments did drive me on to find an answer.
Regards,
Ian. HP xw6600.
Quad core E5420, 2.5Ghz.
4GB Ram.
Nvidia Quadro FX1700, 512MB.
HP DVD 1070
Windows 7 64Bit
Canon XM2