Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disk Burning Error [THE A0000005 ERROR HAS BEEN SORTED]
Tracy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2007 01:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: In Create to Disc try "Smart Fit" option in the drop down. Write to a directory to test. let me know if it made the full project.

Dafydd

We tried that yesterday. But I went ahead and tried again today. It failed at 90% with the same error code a0000005. I am so disappointed. I have tried everything. Help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tracy,

Have you attempted a "test" project on video and other media?

For a basic "test", I'd suggest you place the Aquarium.mpg into the time-line three times. Do not add anything else. Also untick video thumbnail.

Create disc section
Spanner icon
preferences
Menu
Untick

The video thumbnail...can look cute but it used to cause hassle to some users during the write process.

I also don't know what build you are using.

I also don't know what the make up of your project.

As a general rule for Video Editors it is sensible to have ALL media files in one location (My Works folder is best option) instead of spread all over the place on your PC. I'm assuming everyone knows this... just thought I'd add it.

I had thought I'd localised the cause... but ummmm

Dafydd
CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2007 05:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
I have tried smartfit but it failed giving a message of "Power director has encountered a problem and needs to close"It had reached 37% completion.
Regards Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,
The failure you are experiencing does indicate to me that you've got something (I don't know what exactly) in the time-line the program doesn't like. This could be a corrupt video file, a too long a file name (a sourced file and the address to that media), a media file you've pulled in like a music file (wrong format or corrupted - or again source with a long address). Because you had success with an earlier output with less in it...indicates you had something that might have caused the problem. You should try and use the "cut out" bit and see if that writes.

Remember you can render to an mpeg first then return and add any other clips back to the time-line, add chapters and then create a DVD. This is what most pro's do. Small edited clips brought together at the end for the output.

Dafydd
Cyber [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2007 04:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

I have the same problem, i tried more than 10x times, and have follow up all the instruction form this forum and testing still the same error??

And the end i manage to do it, i produce the video output to the MPEG2 format and after that export to DVD than is OK...

Just would like to know what the meaning of the error code a0000005?

Kim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2007 17:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Me too!
I upgraded to v. 6 from version 3 and I can not get a DVD to burn because of this same error code a0000005. Has anyone figured this out? Cyberlink is not being very helpful! Has anyone tried purchasing voice support to fix this? My produced file is all photos, no video. Any help would be appreciated!
Kim
Shaan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Toronto/Canada Joined: Dec 10, 2007 23:17 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I also get this error! What exactly does it mean? The email support hasn't been very helpful at all. I upgraded to 6 from version 5. I'm now running build 1731b.

The technician who emailed me said it's resolved in the latest build, and then sent me a URL. When I downloaded the file (427mb), it was the same file I already had!! Very frustrating. I'm unable to create a DVD.

I receive this error at 39% when trying to write to DVD. I received the error at 78% when trying to write to a file. In both cases, the error comes up AFTER "Producing titles..." and then "Complete". The issue is obviously not my DVD burner.

I see that several people have seen this error, but I have yet to find an answer. I'll be purchasing phone support if I don't hear any solution soon.

Regards,
Kim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2007 17:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have since found something that worked for me...don't know why, but here goes. Once you produce your video, it should be saved in your your MyWorks folder on your C drive.
In PowerDirector, open a totally new project, and import to the now empty library the produced video. Slide it down to the workspace, and then try to burn this. You are esentially getting rid of all the files in the library that you used to create the produced video (which may be causing the program problems) and now working with the produced video only. Let me know how that goes or if I wasn't clear!
Good Luck!
Kim
Shaan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I actually never use the "Produce" tab, I go straight from editing to create DVD. As such, I'm not sure this would do anything for me.

I did however remove ALL the chapters from the project and I got a successfull burn. Very odd.
Hilda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2007 17:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everyone
i just experience the same problem with my Cyberlink
Error A0000005
i've tried everything you recomended and it did not work i Can Believe Cyberlink haven't do anything about it.
it took me already a longtime trying to fix this
please Help!!!!
Hilda
Hilda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2007 17:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Shaan
My Question is... how do you remove all chapters from your project without alterating it???
Shaan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hilda, I just used the button "Remove All" in the Chapter room. I then saved the project with a new name. I now have two *.pds files - one with chapters and one without.

Shaan
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
The A0000005 error has been corrected with the help of Shaan [postings made elshere on the forum].

The error was related to a chapter issue.

This posting has now been locked.

Dafydd
[Moderator]