Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disk Burning Error [THE A0000005 ERROR HAS BEEN SORTED]
CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2007 05:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I have recently purchased power director 6 and have as yet been unable to burn a dvd,The burning process stops and i have error message A000005.I have tried the software on another new computer and recieve the same error message.I am trying to burn 4.4gb onto a 4.7gb dvd.
Can anybody help before the software goes in the bin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2008 12:45

Lana [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2007 14:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Funnily enough I have the same error message coming up as well. Really frustrating as we have spent so long on this!!!
Lana [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just received this as an answer from Cyberlink re this problem - Good Luck!

Before following the suggestions given below please make sure that you have the latest firmware for your DVD burner drive. Please contact your vendor or visit the manufacturer's website for the latest updates.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:

1) Empty the contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Then empty Recycle Bin.

2) Defragment your hard drive. DVD video files are very large and can quickly fill your hard drive to capacity. A fragmented hard drive can cause problems during DVD burning. Make sure to defragment your drive(s) regularly.

3) To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch PowerDirector.

4) Increase Virtual memory :

1. Right click on "MyComputer"
2. Select Properties -> Advance
3. Click on "settings" under Performance.
4. Select "Advance"
5. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
6. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "512" and Max value as "3096".

NOTE: If your existing settings are higher than recommended then leave them as before.

5) Please check whether the drive where you have installed Power Director software has enough space on it. At least 15 GB of free space is required and recommended while burning a DVD.

Now, try to burn the DVD at low burning speed.

If the issue still persists, try to uninstall other CD/DVD burning software like Nero, EasyCD Creator, Direct CD etc. Two burning software installed on same computer are known to cause conflict due to common files in them.

Also disable the XP built-in burning software. To disable the Windows built-in burning software:
- Open My Computer.
- Right-click your CD-RW or DVD drive and click Properties.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Remove the check mark from the 'Enable CD recording on this drive' check box.
- Click OK.

Also make sure that the total size of the video does not exceed the disc limit. (It is recommended that the total size should be less than 4.3 GB)

Now, close all other software and utility applications and then try the 'Create a DVD folder' option in the burning options screen and let us know of the result.

If the DVD folder is burned successfully, then the issue is burner specific and not software specific.

If the issue still not resolved, you may need to reinstall the Power Director software. Uninstall other burning softwares and then reinstall Power Director.

Follow the steps given below to reinstall your PowerDirector. Before installing your program, please close your MSN messenger, since we found that MSN messenger my lock some installation programs.

i) Uninstall PowerDirector software:

a.)Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector

b.)Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" --> "PowerDirector". Delete folder "PowerDirector".

c.)Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" --> "PowerDirector". Delete folder "PowerDirector".

d)Reboot your PC.

ii) Reinstall PowerDirector. (NOTE: Before installation please close MSN Messenger, if open)

Now try again to 'Create a DVD folder'.

Go ahead with burning DVD only if the DVD folder is created successfully and without errors.

Kindly revert using the under mentioned link for further assistance in this regard :

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink products.
CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi lana thanks for that.I have tried all what is suggested but it still did not burn . The only way i have managed to burn a dvd was to reduce the size of the video to 4.3gb and burn it with the power director opened in safe mode. Regards Chris
Lana [Avatar]
[Post New]
chris - I cant work out how to put my computer into safe mode - can you help?
CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Lana Assuming your computer has windows xp the procedure is as follows:
If Windows XP is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions.

If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
You can then run power director to burn your dvd. Not many other devices are working in the back ground so it is probably why it worked.
Regards Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Is this the error you're seeing?
 Filename
screencap080.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Burn to disc error image
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Or is it this error you're getting?
 Filename
screencap082.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Write to directory error
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
67 time(s)
CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi D Bevan The message just says "burning unsuccessfull error code A000005" Thanks Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

I specifically asked which of the images I attached to the posting for a reason.

Neither of the messages displayed the term "unsuccessful". Both displayed the termed "failed". Please review the images I've attached - use the Windows viewer.

I clicked the images to check etc so I know it hadn't been viewed. Supply an image if neither relates to your error display. I will also ask you to provide additional info.

I have also ... I think localised the cause of the error message.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2007 07:25

CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
The error message was the first one you posted screencap080.gif. Thanks for your assistance.
Regards Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Chris,

What build version of PD do you have? Look in Help/About.

I've been trying to replicate the problem I thought I'd found ...bit difficult and I cant at the moment.

I'd like you to experiment and start a new project - just a small "play" project by sticking a few short videos in the time-line etc. I'd like you to chose media other than what you've have in the problem project. Then opt to Create a DVD to a directory. Let me know the results. IF it's a success. Create to a DVD disc.

Dafydd

CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
The build version is PD6 Deluxe 6.00.1731b
I have created a short project of 1000mb and it was successful creating a DVD directory and creating a DVD disc
Regards Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Great. Now I'd like to know what you did with that project.

How many separate videos were in the time-line (more than one?)?
How many Chapter settings?
What text alterations did you do to the chapter settings?
What transitions did you select?

If any of the above.

Now I'd also like to know what the original project contained please?

At the moment I'm focusing on finished mpeg files (and their construction/corruption), mpeg file names, mpeg display content (start) and chapter settings (number and text used).

I'm also referring these postings to CyberLink RD.

If Lana can input something on these lines it would also be great.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2007 05:04

CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
The project was of a wedding with 8 short videos lasting a total of 5minutes pus one long one of 1 hour. 2 Chapter settings with no text alterations.Transitions were:-
Grand opening
Dominoes left
Dominoes right
Grid random
Centre curl
Slide spin horizontal
Dissolve course
Dissolve fine
Centre curl
I have managed to burn a disk if i cut the video down to about 4GB
Regards Chris

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
In Create to Disc try "Smart Fit" option in the drop down. Write to a directory to test. let me know if it made the full project.

Dafydd
Tracy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2007 01:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is this the error you're seeing?

Can someone help me? I am getting the error a0000005, when burning.

Deloris
CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am unable to find the smartfit option in create to disk can you advise please
Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Chris,

Get to the Create Disc stage with your video first.

Click create disc
See the spanner icon at the bottom - Click it
Disc Format tab/ Disc Quality section, Video Quality
See the drop down selection (default has DVD HQ showing)
Click the drop down and select
Smart Fit
Click OK

Then proceed to burn your disc or write to a directory.

OK?

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 03. 2007 17:07

Tracy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2007 01:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: In Create to Disc try "Smart Fit" option in the drop down. Write to a directory to test. let me know if it made the full project.

Dafydd

We tried that yesterday. But I went ahead and tried again today. It failed at 90% with the same error code a0000005. I am so disappointed. I have tried everything. Help.