Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd9 ultra bluray playback issues - video & audio
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Larry,

Here is my DxDiag file....

Kevin

Thanks Cap'n Kevin. i have taken a quick peak so far to see where we differ. I am going to guess your audio is using the ATI HDMI CODEC out of the ATI video card, over to an AVR, then from the AVR over to the TV using HDMI again?

Larry
Guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Latest response from TS.

Dear Larry,

Thank you for writing back.

Regarding your issue for BD playback I have escalated your issue to Product & Development team and they will look into the issue and provide you the solution, I request you to please wait for few days and I will get back you.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

CyberLink Technical Support
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]

I checked the provided logs and please try to chek if this issue happens as well when use 720p resolution.

from log I can see you use 1200x660

BR
Michael

Well I tried watching the Blu Ray Igor again i figured i wouldn't get beaten to death since i know it wont freeze in the same spots. I did get about 9 cries of terror when it paused. I can say its better, but still too early to tell.

Here is a new Dxdiag showing my new screen size. You will also see I have the powerdvd 10 trial installed. The powerdvd 10 trial shows the same type of problems so far in my testing.
 Filename
DxDiag32.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag32 updated to 720p and powerdvd 10 trial
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
358 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2010 08:22

WILL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2010 06:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Per Piyush's instructions:

I tried the "msconfig" test.
The program still crashes after a few minutes.This problem has been going on way too long!

Something also needs to be done about all the "Code Verification fail" errors. Connecting with support is Sooo frustrating!

I'm writing my reply here in the forum because I can't get through to support!

Frustrated,

Will
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Per Piyush's instructions:

I tried the "msconfig" test.
The program still crashes after a few minutes.This problem has been going on way too long!

Something also needs to be done about all the "Code Verification fail" errors. Connecting with support is Sooo frustrating!

I'm writing my reply here in the forum because I can't get through to support!

Frustrated,

Will

Hello Will

I think you acidentily posted on the wrong forumn topic. I think you might have ment to post to:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11271.page

Larry
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

I checked the provided logs and please try to chek if this issue happens as well when use 720p resolution.

from log I can see you use 1200x660

BR
Michael

Well I tried watching the Blu Ray Igor again i figured i wouldn't get beaten to death since i know it wont freeze in the same spots. I did get about 9 cries of terror when it paused. I can say its better, but still too early to tell.

Here is a new Dxdiag showing my new screen size. You will also see I have the powerdvd 10 trial installed. The powerdvd 10 trial shows the same type of problems so far in my testing.

Any other thoughts on this Michael?
The powerdvd 10 trial was only installed most recently and shouldn't interfere with powerdvd 9.
The screen size does not seem to help make it flawless playback.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Latest from TS....
I have to say what bugs me the most was writing up a very detailed post that again already has the answers to the questions they are asking. I will again give them that which they are asking for.

Dear Larry,

I wish to inform you that you can PowerDVD 9 Ultra for Blu-ray playback however, for BD playback you can single monitor and extended monitor display.

Regarding your issue, I have escalated your issue to RD and they have requested for following information:

1) Please let me know the name and modal no of the graphics card manufacturer.

2) Is the issue related with all BD titles or with specific title.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2010 10:40

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
My response back to the TS team...

I am trying to play my Blu Rays on a single monitor display and having these playback issues.

1)
From my original posting I am using the following graphics card:
BFG Tech BFGE981024GTOCE GeForce 9800 GT OC 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
Purchase link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143185
BFG link - http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr981024gtoce.aspx

I have also tried the following other graphics cards and had the same issue even after formatting the hard drive, installing the OS, and installing the drivers for this card (same drivers but i wanted to be certain):
Asus EN9500GT Magic/DI/512M/A

2)
From my original posting and it is still happening on every title I have tried again most recently:
Watching any blu ray movie is interupted with video pausing/freezing, video chunky pixel, and/or video freeze with audio stopping and then video and audio starts where audio left off, video freeze then fast forward to match up with audio. This can happen ANYWHERE. I have seen it during previews, the movie, and the movie extras.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2010 11:06

JEFF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2010 14:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Larry,

I've been scouring the forums as I've run into the same issue as yourself. In the interest of narrowing down the problem I went so far as to test a couple other player programs as for me it also occurs during standard DVD playback.

I tried using Corel's WinDVD, could only try it with DVDs but it too encountered the same issue that you're describing.

However, when I tried it with windows media player DVD playback was perfectly fine. I'm starting to wonder if this is just some longstanding issue with nVidia's hardware as both the PureVideo and even CUDA support run across the same problem on my system.

To add insult to injury my problem is occurring with a newly purchased GTX480
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Larry,

I've been scouring the forums as I've run into the same issue as yourself. In the interest of narrowing down the problem I went so far as to test a couple other player programs as for me it also occurs during standard DVD playback.

I tried using Corel's WinDVD, could only try it with DVDs but it too encountered the same issue that you're describing.

However, when I tried it with windows media player DVD playback was perfectly fine. I'm starting to wonder if this is just some longstanding issue with nVidia's hardware as both the PureVideo and even CUDA support run across the same problem on my system.

To add insult to injury my problem is occurring with a newly purchased GTX480

You are kidding me... Even on the GTX480? What are you current connections for Audio and Video?
Do you own a newer HDMI 1.3 AVR to pump it through?

Yea i have seen a few hiccups in DVD also, but past TS requests have taught me to focus on 1 issue at a time. Right now i want my Blu ray working, because like you i can resort to the built in DVD support inside WMP to enjoy a movie. I would of course prefer the higher qaulity CUDA display.

Do you by chance also happen to be using a CROSSFIRE support motherboard? It really shouldn't matter, but just another thing i haven't test yet. I sometimes wonder about using a SLI support motherboad instead It really should not matter since I am using only 1 card!

I tried a few other players at one point, but their demos were very crippled. When i did test them i had no audio in TMT and WinDVD. I haven't revisited them since getting my newer motherboard with a realtek chipset.

Sadly i remember the day when NVIDIA was the way to play back your video files and enjoy your games. Something seems broken at the moment and i hope to find a permanent fix.
JEFF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2010 14:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Actually I'm using standard mini-jack connections from a Sound Blaster X-Fi titanium to a Logitech 5500 surround sound. I can assure you the sound card on its own isn't a factor as I was running it with my old setup just fine.

My old setup was a pair of Radeon 3870s running in crossfire (answers your question about my board It's an Intel x58 chipset and I'm running a Core 2 Quad 6850 at 3.0ghz with 8gb ram. Everything worked fine til I swapped to the GeForce.

I went the extra mile and ripped out every last trace of the ATI and nVidia drivers and went with a clean install of the latest beta drivers for it. Still no luck. I'll be talking with nVidia's tech support soon since I'm reasonably confident the issue exists on your side. If it's happened across 3 different cards with 2 different player softwares it seems it's the only other possibility.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
OMG TS never ceases to amaze me...

Dear Larry,

I wish to inform you that I have escalated your issue to RD and they have asked for following information:

1. Any other playback software running on same time?

2. Any performance monitor software installed and running?

3. Is graphic made by certain manufacturer, such as Asus, MSI, Saphhier..etc? let me know the name and modal no of the graphics card.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
My response to TS trying to keep my calm since over half of the information requested was reported multiple times now.

1)
I used windows media center as my interface. I choose powerdvd 9 from the MCE interface and the cinema mode of powerdvd 9 displays. I use the EJECT option and slap in my BLU RAY. I use the EJECT option again and insert my BLU RAY. For the most part the movie will start, but if i does not I press STOP 2 times, exit MCE, enter MCE, select powerdvd 9, and then the movie loads. If it does not load I start over at the EJECT. My biggest concern is after playback has started and the video or audio has issues. Below is a list of software installed.

I did a fresh format and install on May 2nd 2010. The following items were installed on May 2nd 2010:
powerdvd 9 (base install, Visual c++ 2005, 2528 update)
NVIDIA drivers 197.45 (control panel, physx)
NEC USB 3.0 drivers
Intel Rapid storage Technology driver 9.6.0.1014
Adobe flash player 10 activex
Visual c++ 2005 ATL update (from windows update)
Internet TV for windows media center
Playready PC runtime amd64
Windows media center add in for flash
Vista Win7 r247 REALTEK audio drivers
directx feb 2010 redist
mcekit setup (drivers for haupauge 2250 tuner cards)
windows and microsoft updates forced down and installed

On May 11th 2010 i was told to underclock my video card from its stock settings and installed:
NVIDIA driver 197.45 (nothing newer)
NVIDIA System tools 6.06 (System update, performance, system monitor) to allow me to test underclocking my video card from stock settings... NO IMPROVEMENT.

On May 16th the following was installed to report reoccuring issues again:
Cyberlink BD advisor 2.0

On May 19th 2010 i tried out the latest trial of powerdvd 10.
Powerdvd 10.0.1705 (has same issue as powerdvd 9)

On May 28th 2010 I updated the realtek drivers.
Vista Win7 R248 REALTEK audio drivers (no improvement)

That is everything that is currently installed on my latest format and install. Very basic install that still had issues playing back.

2)
The following are actived when i want to test or monitor something:
Windows task manager since May 2nd 2010.
NVIDIA performance since May 11th 2010.(used to underclock, but did not work so returned to stock settings)
NVIDIA System Monitor since May 11th 2010.(used to underclock, but did not work so returned to stock settings)

3)
From my original posting I am using the following graphics card:
May 2nd 2010 to current...
BFG Tech BFGE981024GTOCE GeForce 9800 GT OC 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
Purchase link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143185
BFG link - http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr981024gtoce.aspx

Prior to May 2nd 2010 I tried the following for a day and 3 movies. I had the same issue even after formatting the hard drive, installing the OS, and installing the drivers for this card (same drivers but i wanted to be certain it was not the card):
Asus EN9500GT Magic/DI/512M/A
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
The latest TS reply...

Dear Larry,

In regards to your issue for Blu-ray disc playback, I had escalated this case to RD and they have provided me the information that you have also purchased PowerDVD 7 Ultra, please install PowerDVD 7 Ultra on your computer and try to play the disc and let us know the status.

Also, let me know the brand and modal no of the monitor and how did you connect your monitor to your computer.

Please provide me the above mentioned information so that I can send the same information to RD.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The latest TS reply...

Dear Larry,

In regards to your issue for Blu-ray disc playback, I had escalated this case to RD and they have provided me the information that you have also purchased PowerDVD 7 Ultra, please install PowerDVD 7 Ultra on your computer and try to play the disc and let us know the status.

Also, let me know the brand and modal no of the monitor and how did you connect your monitor to your computer.

Please provide me the above mentioned information so that I can send the same information to RD.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

I no longer have the original install file for my PowerDVD 7 Ultra key. I have installed PowerDVD 10 Trial and it behaved exactly the same way PowerDVD 9 did.

I only ever have 1 monitor connected at a time. I tend to use header 1 on the video card, but i have tested other headers when available.
Monitor 1 (my main viewing experience but with HDMI cable connection)
Mitsubishi
WD-52725
DVI output -> DVI to 15 pin analog pc -> 15 pin analog pc input

Monitor 2
KDS USA
Product no XF-7b
Model no 786N
DVI output -> DVI to 15 pin analog pc -> 15 pin analog monitor cable input
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well they sent me a new "powerdvd 7 ultra" to try... to bad i had issues with it too...

I appreciate trying to get me a working version of PowerDVD 7 Ultra, but this did not go well.

First off keep in mind I have windows 7 enterprise 64 bit for my operating system.

I installed the PowerDVD 7 Ultra 3730a and that went fine. I ran it as administrator and entered the cd-key provided. Oddly during the activation it said it was deluxe. See the attached picture.

I decided to ignore and move on for now. I ran the 4617a patch as administrator and things still looked fine.

I then ran the 5105 patch as administrator. During the install I got an error 2932. Could not create file c:\windows\installer\{6811caa0-bf12-11d4-9ea1-0050bae317e1}\1033.mst from script data. error:32.
I have included a scrren shot in case i typed it up wrong.
After i dismmissed that window using the OK button i got another error window. Componenentmovedata error information. Componenentmovedata had the following error: component: file group: file: error number: -1603. I also provided a screen shot in case i typed it up wrong.

At this point and time i will not be able to excute the requested test since it seems there is a problem getting this update installed when using windows 7.
[Thumb - Powerdvd 7 ultra error last update.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdvd 7 ultra error last update.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Error 2932 seems to be a win 7 issue
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
383 time(s)
[Thumb - Powerdvd 7 ultra error last update 2.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdvd 7 ultra error last update 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
followup error to error 2932
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
357 time(s)
[Thumb - Powerdvd 7 ultra activates as deluxe.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdvd 7 ultra activates as deluxe.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Ultra activates as deluxe ROFL
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
375 time(s)
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
TS now wants to fix the powerdvd 7 ultra registering as deluxe instead...

Dear Larry,

I request you to please send me the snap shot of the screen where exactly you are entering the CD KEY and what error message it will appear on the screen, I can check the snap shot and I can provide you the solution for the activation issue.

To take a screen shot, please press "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Then go to start >programs >Accessories > Paint. Paste the screen captured there by pressing "Ctrl+V" or Alt+Edit+Paste. Save the file and send it to us for analysis.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: TS now wants to fix the powerdvd 7 ultra registering as deluxe instead...

Dear Larry,

I request you to please send me the snap shot of the screen where exactly you are entering the CD KEY and what error message it will appear on the screen, I can check the snap shot and I can provide you the solution for the activation issue.

To take a screen shot, please press "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Then go to start >programs >Accessories > Paint. Paste the screen captured there by pressing "Ctrl+V" or Alt+Edit+Paste. Save the file and send it to us for analysis.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

I have attached the screen where i enter the key, the screen where i enter the key with the key before activating, and the final screen that says it activated as deluxe.

sorry guys not really going to post the new key here so 2nd screen missiing on purpose
[Thumb - pdvd7 reg 3.jpg]
 Filename
pdvd7 reg 3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screen i see after activating the key i was provided
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
373 time(s)
[Thumb - pdvd7 reg 1.jpg]
 Filename
pdvd7 reg 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screen where i enter new key
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
374 time(s)
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
the latest from TS... Seems to dodging the original issue to me...

Dear Larry,

In regard to your concern, please note that when you activate the PowerDVD Ultra you will get the message that you have upgraded to deluxe version of software. But that does not mean that you are using the PowerDVD 7.0 Deluxe software. Here deluxe version only shows that you have upgraded to retail version of PowerDVD Ultra software.

To verify this you can see the HD DVD logo and BD DVD logo on the splash screen of PowerDVD Ultra software.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: the latest from TS... Seems to dodging the original issue to me...

Dear Larry,

In regard to your concern, please note that when you activate the PowerDVD Ultra you will get the message that you have upgraded to deluxe version of software. But that does not mean that you are using the PowerDVD 7.0 Deluxe software. Here deluxe version only shows that you have upgraded to retail version of PowerDVD Ultra software.

To verify this you can see the HD DVD logo and BD DVD logo on the splash screen of PowerDVD Ultra software.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

My latest back to the tech support team
I will take your word for the ultra powerdvd 7 as that is not my major concern at this time.

My major cocern right now is fixing powerdvd 9 ultra playback for blu rays with no audio or video freezing. Has there been anything on this front?

We got sidetracked with trying test powerdvd 7 ultra, but i have not seen an answer to the error ecountered while trying to install 5105 patch? It is my understanding you wanted me to test powerdvd 7 ultra with the 5105 patch and report if i have issues using it, but if i can't get it installed i can't test and report that back to you.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am happy to see an answer back faster than normal, but i think they missed some key information in my previous 2 TS reports : (

Dear Larry,

Follow the steps given below:

1) Install PowerDVD 7 Ultra.

2) Install Patch 4617a.

3) Install 5105.

and some more private information that was the same as before...

At the bottom is this new information...
However, if you get any other patch for installation then please do not install the patch.

Reboot your computer and follow the steps given below:

(1) Please make sure that you are logged-in as an administrator.

(2) Rename "OLRSubmission" folder to UNOLRSubmission under C: \programs files\CyberLink\PowerDVD

(3) Also delete the file "EvoParser.dll" under C :\ProgramFiles\Cyberlink\PowerDVD

The hard part to accept is that if i follow the 3 steps to install powerdvd 7 i can't finish installing 5105 patch without an error.
Oh well redownload the files again and step and report back my troubles.. in the mean time while i mess powerdvd 7 to test something for them my powerdvd 9 is still having the same issues....