CyberLink Community Forum
(EDIT-SOLVED) PowerDirector 9 Ultra - Wave Editor Not Installed  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Jesse GN

PowerDirector 9 Ultra - Purchased via CyberLink online store with mailed back up disc.

When I attempt to open Wave Editor I, get the error telling me it can not launch and to re-install it. When following along with the directions from other posts (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14387.page;jsessionid=950E981004B245B902446DD38CB775ED), I find NO folder entitled anything remotely related to WVEditor. I unzipped the main pack and the lowest item is "unreg."

The only folders I show are "CLZip," "share Files," and "Smart Sound." In Smart Sound I have "Music File Full," and "QTracks Installer."

Furthermore; I find no WVEditor folder on the back up disc.

What to do?

***SOLVED- The install files for Wave Editor were NOT included in my download. CyberLink provided me with a fresh download. I have installed and tested it successfully.***
[Thumb - PD9_Fail_screenshot.jpg]
 Filename PD9_Fail_screenshot.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Scrrenshot of WaveEditor error window
 Filesize 599 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  379 time(s)

Filename DxDiag.txt [Disk] Download
 Description DirectX Diag
 Filesize 26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  193 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/05/2011 07:03:20

Jesse of Newby Productions
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi Jesse,
welcome to the forum.
I have downloaded your attachments.
A secondary observation:
I did a quick look through of your diagnostic file and see your GPU (graphic) drivers are out of date.
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0024 (English)
Driver Version: 8.733.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/11/2010 10:19:40, 584704 bytes

Fred's guide - link to it: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15082.page#76755

1. I would suggest you carry out an uninstall of PowerDirector 9.
2. Download and apply both CL cleaner tools http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page
3. Reinstall PD9
4. The folder/directory WVEditor is an integral part of the PD9 full program. The folder can be viewed when the data is extracted from the installation executable you've downloaded. A description of how this is achieved is in the previous post.

You will have read the previous instructions on the other thread and if the above fails, I suggest you contact Technical Support.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/05/2011 01:40:24

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
Jesse GN

Mr. Bevan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Considering the PC is less than a month old, I had never considered that my drivers were already out of date. Go figure.

As per the extract, I had already extracted the main folder and found no WVEditor folder. However, there IS a "Data1" and "Data2." Could it be in one of those? If so, I may have a problem because I already attempted to look at them (without extracting) and it told me they could not be viewed because they were either restricted or corrupted.

Jesse of Newby Productions

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: