Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
(EDIT-SOLVED) PowerDirector 9 Ultra - Wave Editor Not Installed
[Post New]
PowerDirector 9 Ultra - Purchased via CyberLink online store with mailed back up disc.

When I attempt to open Wave Editor I, get the error telling me it can not launch and to re-install it. When following along with the directions from other posts (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14387.page;jsessionid=950E981004B245B902446DD38CB775ED), I find NO folder entitled anything remotely related to WVEditor. I unzipped the main pack and the lowest item is "unreg."

The only folders I show are "CLZip," "share Files," and "Smart Sound." In Smart Sound I have "Music File Full," and "QTracks Installer."

Furthermore; I find no WVEditor folder on the back up disc.

What to do?

***SOLVED- The install files for Wave Editor were NOT included in my download. CyberLink provided me with a fresh download. I have installed and tested it successfully.***
[Thumb - PD9_Fail_screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
PD9_Fail_screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Scrrenshot of WaveEditor error window
 Filesize
599 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
458 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DirectX Diag
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
370 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2011 10:03

Jesse of Newby Productions
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jesse,
welcome to the forum.
I have downloaded your attachments.
A secondary observation:
I did a quick look through of your diagnostic file and see your GPU (graphic) drivers are out of date.
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0024 (English)
Driver Version: 8.733.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/11/2010 10:19:40, 584704 bytes

Fred's guide - link to it: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15082.page#76755

1. I would suggest you carry out an uninstall of PowerDirector 9.
2. Download and apply both CL cleaner tools http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page
3. Reinstall PD9
4. The folder/directory WVEditor is an integral part of the PD9 full program. The folder can be viewed when the data is extracted from the installation executable you've downloaded. A description of how this is achieved is in the previous post.

You will have read the previous instructions on the other thread and if the above fails, I suggest you contact Technical Support.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2011 04:40

[Post New]
Mr. Bevan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Considering the PC is less than a month old, I had never considered that my drivers were already out of date. Go figure.

As per the extract, I had already extracted the main folder and found no WVEditor folder. However, there IS a "Data1" and "Data2." Could it be in one of those? If so, I may have a problem because I already attempted to look at them (without extracting) and it told me they could not be viewed because they were either restricted or corrupted. Jesse of Newby Productions