Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bottom slider is hidden behind Windows Taskbar
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd
[troublemaker]

uh huh. I just got him to spell McLean right. I think I will wait a bit on that.

:-D
Raphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 03:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, as I mentioned in my first post, my monitor is 22' wide, the native resolution and the one I use is 1680*1050.
PD7 does automatically use fullscreen mode. This is on my home desktop computer.
And, I tried the program on my Lenovo T60 laptop with external 22 monitor, with exactly the same results. I actually tried it on 3 different monitors, the two wide monitors and also a 20 regular monitor. The shape and size of the monitors does not affect the results.
I think that this is a bug in PD7.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2009 03:00

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Oi! Laverie - don't get to cheeky. Eye kin spel as gud as enywon.

Raphael - it really is very easy to put the task bar at the side - and equally easy to put it back at the bottom. I find, with PD, I need more vertical space than horizontal... but - like you - I have a wide screen.

Cheers - Tony

PS I promise I'll spell Valerie krektly next time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2009 03:12

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I have dual monitors. I've an auto config option on my monitors and it works for me - whichever resolution I chose.

I don't consider this a bug.

Please contact tech support, they may be able to assist you further.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Raphael -

Are you sure you don't have the PD window maximised? If you click on the "Restore Down/Maximise" button (beside the close X), you'll know.

Mine used to misbehave but it's good now.

Just a thought - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Raphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 03:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Guys,
I do have the PD7 window maximized. But both ways, maximized and not, it shows the same problem.
About moving the taskbar to one side - it then blocks the side of PD7. (the right slider gets blocked aswell as the preview screen).
About contacting support: I did and they have no real answer, and the last post asked me to send a screen copy of the error! I get no error... just inconvenience.
OK, thanks to all. never mind. I will use autohide, and remember to cancel autohide before my wife uses the computer (while I am at work).