Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sony HVR-V1E Unable to Capture HD Video
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
HDV is only captured in a single type of file, so PD greys those out, I still think if you can "see" the camera, but cannot properly capture HDV, then it's a f/w issue. Go into the driver UI, and after creating a restore point, see if there is a legacy driver in there. Now I'll check on that PD format thing, where did I store that camera...???
EDIT: The PD profiles are greyed out, that is normal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2012 10:03

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Tony86453 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2012 11:13 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Interestingly (?) it is the legacy driver that is loaded.

1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)

Driver Date 21/6/2006

Driver Version 6.1.7601.17514

I will see if I can find any other driver.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You might save yourself a heap of time if you look at that HDVSplit link, there is a Sony forum there, you may solve your issue and return to us, as I believe this is not a Powerdirector problem. Please post any results for us. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Tony86453 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

I don't believe that it is a PowerDirector problem as such either but I know that a number of users have the same problems.

I will keep looking.

One other thing I have discovered this morning though is that when the camera is set to DV mode it is recognised in Device Manager as a FireWire device but when I switch it to HDV it changes to a Sound Video or Game Controller, i.e. no longer FireWire.

This must have something to do with it, but I have no idea what at this stage!

I will report back if I have a Eureka moment.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2012 05:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I, too, am having this issue. Funny thing is it comes and goes! I thought it was the iLink cable so I bought a new one. Tried it and it worked FIRST TIME! Then, this morning, I came down to upload a tape in HD and got that same message AGAIN! So, I don't think it is the cable. Based on the answers in this forum this is not a software problem because everyone else seems able to transfer HD from tape without issue. Wish someone could respond who had this problem, fixed it, and was able to figure out how!
Tony86453 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi John

I was fairly sure that I had posted my workaround but it looks like I must have had a senior moment.

Basically I came to the conclusion that the issue was using the 4 wire mini firewire plug connected to a full size 6 wire one on my PC.

We have a second computer (HP touchscreen thingy) which has a mini firewire input and the camera connects to that without any problem.

So to get around it I capture the video to the second computer using HDVSplit and then transfer it to the editing computer across my network. Obviously it takes a bit longer but it works!

When I get time I will change the PC card for one with a mini input and see what happens.

Hope this helps.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2012 05:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried it again this morning, it failed with the same message, then, without rewinding, I pressed the record button again and it worked!