Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
With powerdvd 10 ultra I get no sound in cinema mode. *Multiple people having same problem*
KHOON SIAH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2010 21:57 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to installed version PowerDVD 10.0.2113.51. I meet the same problem. Mind to keep up update on the solution as well.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Khoon Sta,

please post me your mail adress via PM if you are interested to help in this issue - our RD would like to contact you

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
SimonMaltby [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 10:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the same issue.

Playback via HDMI sound is fine in normal mode my missing nothing in Cinema mode.
1ne2woBe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2010 18:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I have been searching the net, and found this site.

I am having a problem similar to the OP's with my PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.1830.51. I am only able to hear the audio of my M2TS movies via S/PDIF. When I try to switch to (8 Speaker), I am not able to get any (voice) audio from the actors. The rest of the audio sounds superb coming from all 8 speakers. It is just the voices that I am unable to hear.

Any ideas as to what may be the problem? If you feel you need any specs, please just ask.

Thank you so much in advance.
Rowanze [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2010 18:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too am having the same issue with BluRay ISO's. I am running PowerDVD10 and I have an ATI 5450 streaming sound and video over the HDMI port. In classic mode all is well and I get full HD audio decoding to my Onkyo NR807 receiver.

In cinema mode, I get no sound. I tried setting the sound in powerdvd's options. I tried both the passing undecoded sound option and tried letting PowerDVD do the encoding and stream PCM. Neither worked. In both cases, when I tell PowerDVD to display info, it corretly lists the right audio format (ie DTS-HD, DTS, etc.) but the data rate is 0 k/sec. This same 0 k/sec is there regardless of whether I try and pass the audio stream as is or let PowerDVD try and do the encoding.

I have tried both the ATI HDMI driver and the Realtek driver, and get the same results with both.
mangofan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2010 03:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If it's not reproducible, it might be just an issue with pirate copies. I downloaded the trial and it works fine in cinema mode.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 05. 2010 05:06

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I will close this issue now!

All users that we contacted used pirated and illegal Software that had been modified by the pirates.

So far no single user using a legal copy contacted us - so we strongly suggest to use only legal software!

If you use a legal copy of POwerDVD 10 and still facing this issue - please contact me by using the PM function and I will open a contact to our RD team for you.

Thanks for your understanding
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan