Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing an MP4 video issue
RochaMartinez668 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2023 23:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently facing an issue while trying to edit an MP4 video. Whenever I add this particular video or any other video to my timeline and attempt to preview it, I encounter a black screen while still being able to hear the audio. Interestingly, I can click and manually move the video forward and observe it moving on the timeline, but as soon as I hit the play button, the video turns black while the audio continues. In my attempts to resolve this, I have diligently installed all available patches and updates for the software. Additionally, I have ensured that the checkboxes for both audio and video are selected on the timeline. While searching for a solution, I came across a suggestion in a forum to disable the hardware acceleration by unchecking the corresponding boxes under preferences. I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to proceed. It's worth mentioning that I'm using both PowerDirector 14 and 16, and unfortunately, the issue persists with both versions.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/119071.page#448380

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2023 23:26

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This simply sounds like the clip is recorded with a codec that's not supported by PD. You can share the clip's technical details here on the forum as described in this post, otherwise try converting it with a free app like Handbrake or ClipChamp

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2023 13:08